I have LOADS of eggs - ideas needed!

Page 3 / 3
seano7, Jul 13, 7:58am
lemon curd

janny3, Jul 13, 11:20am
Smoked fish pie?My favourite!

blt10, Jul 13, 11:34pm
As you say easy peasy to make, nice to eat too. Thanks for sharing.

indy95, Jul 13, 11:42pm
1kg, you have probably been madly trying all the delicious recipes which have been posted in here so I may be a bit late in posting this. You can freeze eggs very successfully by beating them together and freezing them in ice cube trays then transferring the frozen blocks to a plastic bag. Two blocks are equal to one egg in this instance. I have also frozen them in small containers containing the number of eggs needed for particular recipes e.g. four for a Lemon Syrup Cake or a favourite gingerbread recipe or perhaps six for a frittata. If you do this just remember to label them clearly to avoid costly mistakes later.

blt10, Jul 13, 11:46pm
Thanks indy, I didn't know they needed to be beaten before going in the freezer.

indy95, Jul 13, 11:53pm
Well, I've only frozen them the way I described but a previous poster said just breaking them into patty pans and freezing them like that works well too.

jag5, Jul 14, 12:12am
Beating them first works well too....but then only good for scrambling, omelettes and baking etc.If done whole, good formore uses.

elliehen, Jul 14, 12:14am
.and don't forget the pepper and salt, as I did posting in the very small hours of the morning ;)

malcovy, Jul 14, 7:12am
Really!I honestly did not know you could freeze them raw and for them to still work.I will try it with 1 to see.
I was told you can freeze raw cauliflower and eat it.I tried this and the smell cooking was as bad as tripe cooking, into the compost and what a waste of cauli.

counsel1, Jul 14, 7:13am
throw them.

janny3, Jul 14, 11:20am
Smoked fish pie!My favourite!

blt10, Jul 14, 11:46pm
Thanks indy, I didn't know they needed to be beaten before going in the freezer.

indy95, Jul 14, 11:53pm
Well, I've only frozen them the way I described but a previous poster said just breaking them into patty pans and freezing them like that works well too.

jag5, Jul 15, 12:12am
Beating them first works well too.but then only good for scrambling, omelettes and baking etc.If done whole, good formore uses.

suzanna, Jul 15, 11:18am
If you go onto Destitute Gourmet website, on the right hand side are two egg recipe booklets with yummy recipes that you can download for free.

Edited by sew.obsessed at 9:13 pm, Fri 20 Aug