Muffin filling ideas please

Page 1 / 2
vaughan60, Jul 31, 4:16am
i have been helping out in a cafe and she is running out of ideas for muffin flavours

elliehen, Jul 31, 4:19am
Teaspoon of raspberry jam inside a chocolate muffin for a sweet one, jalapeno relish in a savoury cheese or corn muffin.

vaughan60, Jul 31, 4:22am
Thanks she has done peach or apricot and cream cheese, cheese and onion, sultana carrot and cinnamon, choc and apricot, pineapple etc and just the real common ones just be good to do some real different ones

vaughan60, Jul 31, 4:23am
hmmm just thought a cheery ripe choc bar but a muffin with cocnut cherrys and choclate?

noonesgirl, Jul 31, 4:33am
Caramel Condensed Milk

socram, Jul 31, 4:39am
I like a moist muffin so anything with bags of fruit and a blob of cream cheese does it for me! Come to think of it, I can't ever remember seeing a savoury muffin with cream cheese in it.

A chunk of Cadbury's caramello inside is a sweet muffin is a delight...

I wish more establishmnets would ring the changes on their menus. I could name places where they are on their 4th or 5th owners and the menu hasn't changed at all!

Needless to say, for some of us, we move on as we crave changing options as well as the basics. Good luck.

elliehen, Jul 31, 5:08am
Spinach and feta is quite common but always popular for a savoury muffin.

245sam, Jul 31, 5:22am
I haven't been to Muffin Break for a while but one of our local ones used to make a lovely spinach and cream cheese muffin - with plenty of spinach/silverbeet and the lovely big 'blob' of cream cheese in the middle of it I don't recall ever needing any butter/margarine and that muffin along with a coffee made a tasty and filling lunch for me. :-))

52many, Jul 31, 6:33am
Countdown do nice ones as well with chocolate flakes... . I like the idea of the Caramel Condensed milk one. I buy the packet ones with that when they are on special. They are yummy and the kids love them.

frogz99, Jul 31, 7:56am
to plain sweet muffin mix add some powdered ginger, chopped chrystalised ginger, chopped turkish dried apricots. Half fill muffin tray, add a blob of firm cream cheese, top up tray with mixture. Bake, eat, make some more... Yummmmmmmm

bluefeather1, Jul 31, 8:36am
lemon and poppy seed ones are my favorite (though I havent made them in years)

cookessentials, Jul 31, 8:38am
I do smoked chicken, brie and avacado which are delicious.

chrisynz, Jul 31, 9:35am
pumpkin and cheese, r nice, feta , ordonut muffins r yummy, lemon crunch as well. .

nicenikki, Jul 31, 11:14am
i love pumpkin and choc together - yum, or cream cheese and bluberry.

ima007pony, Aug 1, 3:24am
I have a lemon muffin recipe that tastes like pancakes with lemon and sugar yum! !

vaughan60, Aug 1, 4:50am
thanks for that guys very similar ones hehe any more

pollypanner, Aug 1, 5:29am
chocolate mini egg pushed into the middle. mint flavor caramelo "ect"

blt10, Aug 1, 6:24am
Corn and zucchini, sundried tomato and olives

vaughan60, Aug 1, 7:02am
meat in a muffin hmmm

pheebs1, Aug 1, 7:02am
a great dollop of lemon butter inside a sweet lemon muffin would be nice, a good filling recipe try the lemon filling in the edmonds lemon meringue pie recipe.

vaughan60, Aug 1, 7:05am
wow she'll ber stoked with these new one thanks heaps for your help

vaughan60, Aug 1, 9:50am
anymore at all :)

perle, Aug 1, 11:17am
pumpkin and choc mmmm yum! ! maple walnut, raspberry and lime, (is divine) savoury ones with grated zuchinni, carrot, sundried tomato parmesan cheese and put toasted sunflower/pumpkin seeds on top! ! yum! ! go muffins! !

cookessentials, Aug 1, 7:12pm
the small cubes of smoked chicken with brie and avacado are very tasty and are one of the most popular ones that I make.

dragonzflame, Aug 1, 11:37pm
Nothing wrong with that, I had one a while back that had bits of choritzo in it, the same place also does smoked salmon ones :-)