Muffin filling ideas please

Page 2 / 2
pheebs1, Aug 2, 6:07am
heres a great pumpkin one i use it in a loaf or muffins. my kids never know its got pumpkin in it it just tastes like very moist and orange ginger bread
combine
i cup cooked and pureed pumpkin
(still warm is ok just add eggs very quickly}
100gm butter 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar
2eggs
stir briskly
then add dry ingredients
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves

fold all in bake 180 for 40 mins in a loaf or 15-20 in muffin tins
yum!

juliewn, Aug 2, 6:20am
Hi. .

Try bran muffins. . to which you can add things like grated apple or carrot, cooked apple puree, mashed banana, berries. . etc. . etc. .

Over the past 18 months we've eaten at a large number of cafes from here to Auckland - via Paeroa and back through the Waikato, and here to Wellington, through either SH1 or through Hawkes Bay and down through the Wairarapa - only two - one in Hamilton and one here in Whakatane, have bran muffins - and when I asked if they had bran muffins, both places said they're often asked for them.

Other places that didn't have them said they're often asked for them too - and many said something like - 'I don't know why we haven't made them'. .

Bran Muffins include extra goodness, with bran and / or wheatgerm used, and more so if fruit or veges are included with berries, grated or stewed apple, stewed or chopped fresh plums, grated or stewed apricots, pears, persimmons, feijoa's, rhubarb, etc. . etc. . or grated carrot, pumpkin, courgette, scallopini, etc. .

With fruit or veges, bran muffins are moist, very tasty, and delicious. . and from our experience over this time. . not often available. .

vaughan60, Aug 3, 9:18am
x1
Thanks hesaps

guest, Jun 8, 7:58am
rasperry and cream cheese YUM