kuaka, Jul 10, 7:51am
kesh?

davidt4, Jul 10, 9:07am
Quiche?

jc_cw, Jul 10, 9:12am
lemon meringue pie
!

jenjen76, Jul 10, 9:44am
Spanish Tortilla (Potato Omelette) is great, I find it best eaten served warm on the day you make it.

lyl_guy, Jul 10, 10:57am
I made a tortilla last night..... used 10 eggs lol!We have 4 chooks, so sometimes have an excess of eggs.I put some chorizo in it too... VERY lovely!

jag5, Jul 11, 3:49am
You can freeze them.break into patty pans.freeze.When frozen tip out and bag up.Still great for baking, poaching, scrambling.nothing wrong with them.

blondebabe4, Jul 11, 7:46am
kesh orbacon and egg pie maybe!

kuaka, Jul 11, 7:51am
kesh!

davidt4, Jul 11, 9:07am
Quiche!

janny3, Jul 11, 10:37am
Now that could be something we'd like.What's your best recipe for this please?

lyl_guy, Jul 11, 10:57am
I made a tortilla last night. used 10 eggs lol!We have 4 chooks, so sometimes have an excess of eggs.I put some chorizo in it too. VERY lovely!

rocky92, Jul 11, 10:51pm
My fav potato omlete, chop onion, mince garlic, dice potato (small), bacon chopped, gently fry covered until potato is soft add green and red pepper (optional), mix 8 - 10 eggs with p&s, parsley (and/or other fresh herbs), little amount grated cheese, add to potato mixture to form omelet, cover and cook gently.Plate up, top with more grated cheese, grill until bubbling.Top off with sour cream, YUMMY!Nice the next day too, just do the grilling then.I just love this for weekend lunch.

blt10, Jul 11, 11:57pm
Looking forward to trying the citrus tart @ #4, great SCM is not needed.

jenjen76, Jul 12, 1:06am
As I'm at work I don't have recipe to hand, but it is pretty much exactly like this onehttp://spanishfood.about.com/od/tapas/r/tortilla.htm

I slice them using a mandolin though and layer them in the frying pan when cooking with the egg.

obsidianwings, Jul 12, 1:54am
I would probably just make a lof of different quiches and frittatas as they freeze really nice, so will make great easy dinners, lunch box fillers etc for other days.

dunshoppin, Jul 12, 2:00am
we have just made several litres of ice cream - best ever, and just add flavors (grated choc etc) if you like, I just like vanilla a little maple sup

3 bowls
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
300ml cream

Bowl one
Beat egg whites til stiff, then beat in 1/4 cup sugar

Bowl two
Beat yolks and 1/4 cup sugar till sugar is dissolved and looks lots lighter

Bowl three
beat cream with a splash of vanilla essence

Fold three together, add anything else you like, then freeze for at least six hours

Yum

janny3, Jul 12, 7:44am
Love it.THANKS!

uli, Jul 12, 8:26am
I currently get a dozen or more a day from my chooks.

I do not do much baking - so I have 12 egg omelettes for lunch or dinner, fried eggs with ham or bacon, soft boiled eggs with a vinegraitte or in a sauce (tomato based usually, but mustard or any other is fine too) with a green salad - that usually gets about 12 eggs off the shelf.

janny3, Jul 12, 10:37am
Now that could be something we'd like.What's your best recipe for this please!

elliehen, Jul 12, 1:28pm
Old-fashioned Curried Eggs on toast is winter comfort food.Cook a finely chopped onion in a little butter till soft, add curry powder to taste, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of flour and cook gently.Take off heat and add milk to make a sauce, return to heat to thicken, cook for a minute or two and then add sliced hard-boiled eggs.

beaker59, Jul 12, 3:17pm
I putin the smoked fish pie I made today.

elliehen, Jul 13, 12:14am
...and don't forget the pepper and salt, as I did posting in the very small hours of the morning ;)

jenjen76, Jul 13, 1:06am
As I'm at work I don't have recipe to hand, but it is pretty much exactly like this onehttp://spanishfood.about.com/od/tapas/r/tortilla.htm

I slice them using a mandolin though and layer them in the frying pan when cooking with the egg.

malcovy, Jul 13, 7:12am
Really?I honestly did not know you could freeze them raw and for them to still work.I will try it with 1 to see.
I was told you can freeze raw cauliflower and eat it.I tried this and the smell cooking was as bad as tripe cooking, into the compost and what a waste of cauli.

counsel1, Jul 13, 7:13am
throw them......