Wall oven - which one did you buy and are you

Page 1 / 2
melford, Jul 7, 10:51am
happy with the way it cooks. I want a thermowave and one that is able to cook a pudding, a roast and bake all at the same time and one which gives good even browning results. I only need an oven, not a warming drawer or double oven. Also need it to be stainless steel. Any recommendations please?

gildon, Jul 8, 1:20am
Not sure about the different makes, but make sure you can turn the Fan Bake off to just Bake.My previous oven didn't have this but the one I have now does and it makes such a difference because I feel there are some things - large cakes etc. that cook better.just on Bake.

terraviva1, Jul 8, 9:24pm
We have a Simpson and the elctrician who came to do the wiring said that it was an excellent oven (FYI, previously we had a Westinghouse which I had always thought ofas a good quality brand which lasted 2 years! It kept blowling fuses and I can't remember what killed it in the end but it was a pain!)

sarahj1, Jul 9, 5:30am
I just replaced my quake damaged St George with an Electrolux double oven - Frankly there wasn't much choice - I wanted a full size (not European) double oven to fit the space left by the St George - so far it seems good - not sure if it is thermowave though??
Bakes evenly, heats up fast, has a lot of different settings that I probably won't use but can turn off fan for traditional bake.

ruby19, Jul 11, 8:12pm
I just bought a Ariston open space, after a few hiccups re temp,as they are meant to be very accurate, it seems to cook very well.Esp roast dinners all the family comment on how good they turn out in this oven! They keep their temperature quite differently to a normal oven apparently. Also this oven is bigger than ovens its size which I was looking for as it had to fit into a space where a smeg came out of.I am still learning the different functions of this oven, as it has a few like pizza setting, meat setting where it will sear the meat, cook it then rest it! a baking setting, plus you can cook at 2 different temps by placing a divider in the oven.Personally I would not touch any smeg or product they support.

melford, Jul 11, 10:02pm
Thank you everyone. I will check them out. ruby what model did you buy? Anymore opinions?

pods, Jul 12, 12:05am
What ever brand you buy if you can afford to buy a pyrolitic one as it is so easy to keep clean and well worth the extra dollars, I have a Asko which I have had for just over 12mths and I really like it. When it needs cleaning I just take out the racks and turn it on to cleaning mode and walk away, when it has finished I just wipe it out with a damp cloth and put the racks back in, easy as.

melford, Jul 12, 4:05am
well on goes the saga of the oven and which one to buy. I checked out the pyrolitic one but found it was too small inside. Now looking at the Classique Wall oven fan forced - has anyone bought one of these and what is your opinion please.

davidt4, Jul 12, 4:49am
I agree.However I replaced the useless Smeg with F & P and I'm not very impressed with that either.

rsr72, Jul 12, 4:54am
Bosch Pyrolitic.

ruby19, Jul 12, 5:58am
Melford it is the openspace OS 99 DPIX, It is a self cleaning one too! Got it Harvey Norman, and if you pay $$$ you seem to get a really good deal.

katalin2, Jul 12, 6:05am
Westinghouse- it was one of the ones recommended by Consumer and friends had it and were very happy with it- so are we. We bought the one and half one- use the small half oven all the time as it takes no time to heat up and great for baking as well.

melford, Sep 29, 6:13am
well the ongoing saga of the classique - thermostat was fitted and no improvement in the cooking. Anzac biscuits took 40 minutes and were poorly cooked even then. Chocolate cake that should have taken 1 hour to cook was burnt at the outside edge and raw in the middle after 75 mins of cooking.Now trying to decide which oven to change it for (dependent on manufacturers agreement as we are still negotiating) ruby19 love the look of your oven although didn't want to spend $3,000 but I am still considering it as I need it to fit into an underbench space that a Fisher and Paykel was removed from. Does anyone else have any other recommendations please!

greerg, Sep 29, 7:13am
My Westinghouse has been good for the last 6 years but the door did explode recently which was rather alarming but I gather that happens occasionally with all brands.Double oven with lower one smaller.Can operate with or without fan and cooks pretty evenly.

melford, Sep 29, 8:33am
bumping for any more opinions please

susieq9, Sep 29, 9:26am
I have got a F & P wall oven, had it for 10 years with no problems, touch wood.Excellent cooking. Also quick at heating up.

jumbo246, Sep 29, 10:38am
parmco are worth considering. very cost competitive, with a 5 year warranty.i am perfectly happy with mine.

ruby19, Sep 29, 7:29pm
Melford they have dropped in price they are now $2400, so if paying cash I would imagine you would get better again. BUT, i still am having issues with the temps! they are trying to say it is the power into my home, so waiting for someone to come & test it! I think in hind sight i would have gone with the simpler version of this oven.

carter19, Sep 30, 12:30am
First choice bosch. Went with smeg pyrolitic. Its fabuloud

pleco, Sep 30, 12:58am
I have an Ariston and it is wonderful especially when I compare it to the crappy F & P I used to have that never worked properly, was extremely noisy and the seals didn't work even though I got them back to fix (yellow stain on edges of neighboring cupboards. I now make a point of never purchasing F & P appliances.

ruby19, Sep 30, 5:02am
pleco which ariston one do you have!

melford, Sep 30, 6:16am
update. Thanks for everyones advice and I have chosen a Smeg Pyrolytic wall oven as a replacement for the classique. Nearly went for the Aristan but the company i am dealing with offered only the Smeg Range as the alternative and I am happy with that. Certainly hope I don't have any hassles with this one.

carter19, Oct 4, 2:14am
My one is fantastic.Makes my friends jealous when I tell them I'm cleaning the oven! Seriously tho, it cooks really well, perfectly even every time. I bake alot and the oven is perfect every time. I also cook alot of dinners with excellent results.

fortuna_i, Nov 5, 11:47pm
Bumping up this thread in search of wall oven recommendations.

I need a reliable oven with a big capacity (I usually cook in bulk), so 65L or more :-) that fits into 60 cm space.
Bosh would be my preference in terms of brand, but they are too small inside for what I need.
I had a look at the Ariston which offers the biggest capacity (70L), but one person I know had a few problems with hers.
The SMEG pyro looks really nice, but pricy, is it worth it! and any comments on the SMEG oven reliability!

The Harvey Norman saleperson highly recommended the Euromaid model, apparently it's big in AU, but I have never heard of it. Anyone has this brand and has any comments about it!

Another one I'm looking at is a Samsung, really nice and reasonably priced, even with the Pyro functionality. Anyone has this oven!

Hubby is pressing me to make a decision, as all the other appliances are sorted, so help me out please!

melford, Nov 6, 8:59pm
I absolutely love my smeg. Perfect results every time. I am now getting the rotisserie as an extra. I haven't used the cleaning programme yet as itis so new. I consider it well worth the money