Hot dogs - what do you put in yours?

jimbob37, Jul 7, 5:20am
Just a bun and frankfurter and sauce?or is there something else I can add?Feeling a little un-creative at the mo.

carl-van-essen, Jul 7, 5:24am
some people like mustard. Maybe some greenery would be good.

carl-van-essen, Jul 7, 5:27am
Mustar Ketchup RelishOnion Cheese Chili Mayonnaise Sauerkraut Pickles

ruby19, Jul 7, 6:09am
Fried onions

vintagekitty, Jul 8, 1:57am
fried onions, coleslaw, grated cheese, american mustard,tom sauce, Yummo

lythande1, Jul 8, 2:14am
Mmmm. Now that's my idea of a hotdog!!! Making me hungry.

margyr, Jul 8, 2:14am
fried onions, mushrooms, split the bun, butter, mayo,mustard, sauce, pickle, sometimes bacon, then onions, frank (fried), cheese on the top and under the grill till yummy looking.

nojack, Jul 8, 10:02pm
Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese, Mustard, Caraway Seeds

dezzie, Jul 8, 10:11pm
fried onions and corn relish and sometimes cheese

hott-mama, Jul 8, 10:23pm
fried onions .. tomato relish or tomato sauce depending on persons preference .. american mustard .. cheese ..

cgvl, Jul 8, 10:53pm
saute onions and mix with butter or marg and grated cheese, then spread this on inside of warmed bun, add frank and whatever sauce you like. I prefer american or djoin mustard and satay sauce DH prefers the sweet chill.

karlachikkidy, Jul 8, 11:08pm
cheese, american mustard, saurkraut and tom sauce

westigal, Jul 9, 4:17am
Years and years ago there was a takeaway in the main road of Henderson, the Adriatic, and he made the best Hot dogs ever. Begged him for his sauce recipe when he was closing down
2 onions finely chopped
At least 2 large cloves garlic finely chopped
Saute until soft in a pot
cover onions with tomato sauce, add 1 tbsp brown sugar (must be brown), 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce and a tsp dried basil (I use 1/2 c fresh), 1/2 - 1 tsp salt to taste and at least a 1/2 tsp ground black pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 mins stirring, add more tomato sauce if too thick.

Warm bun, a good dollop of the sauce, hot dog, mustard, grated cheese. guess what I'm having for dinner tonight.

I freeze this in a flat dish lined with glad wrap, so it is about 1cm thick, and then cut into squares about 2" in size and put in a freezer bag. this way i just take out slices as i need them. Defrost in the microwave.

I used to work in a cafe and used this in the hamburgers as well, kept getting asked for the recipe. Yum yum
Also try it in a cheese toasted sandwich.