Is there a secret in heating hot cross buns in m/w

korbo, Apr 5, 5:44am
have tried toheat, but they go hard after a few minutes.
anyone got a tried fullproof method ??

nanasee1, Apr 5, 5:48am
20-30 secs each max only, allow about 10 seconds each if doing a number at the same time.

dannyboy24, Apr 5, 5:58am
last easter i put a big hunk of butter and a chunk of smashed up easter egg in a hotcross bun and nuked it. Twas fantastic but the girlfriend gave me a hard time over its nutritional value...

lizab, Apr 5, 6:07am
agree with nanasee - defo only need 20 seconds or so each. I nuke a plate of them for morning tea for my farmer hubby and workers, maybe 7 or 8 frozen ones straight from the freezer and they only take about 3 mins

lol dannyboy!!!

petal1955, Apr 5, 8:32am
Cut in half before placing in the microwave...and then wrap in paper towel and nuke on defrost for about 25 secs......

kiwibubbles, Apr 5, 8:49am
yep 30 seconds for me here, and thats with the bun cut in half and opened up

harrislucinda, Apr 5, 9:44am
notminsonlysecondsoritwillcooklike arock

petr1na, Apr 5, 9:59am
A few minutes!!! and there is your problem...20-30 secs is sufficent

rarogal, Apr 5, 10:40pm
I know the mw is much quicker, but I have to have mine toasted, or none at all!!

korbo, Apr 6, 5:44am
have tried toheat, but they go hard after a few minutes.
anyone got a tried fullproof method !

dannyboy24, Apr 6, 5:58am
last easter i put a big hunk of butter and a chunk of smashed up easter egg in a hotcross bun and nuked it. Twas fantastic but the girlfriend gave me a hard time over its nutritional value.

lizab, Apr 6, 6:07am
agree with nanasee - defo only need 20 seconds or so each. I nuke a plate of them for morning tea for my farmer hubby and workers, maybe 7 or 8 frozen ones straight from the freezer and they only take about 3 mins

lol dannyboy!

lynja, Apr 6, 8:09am
i cut them in half and then squash them really hard on the bread board, then put them in the toaster! wonderful.

petal1955, Apr 6, 8:32am
Cut in half before placing in the microwave.and then wrap in paper towel and nuke on defrost for about 25 secs.

petr1na, Apr 6, 9:59am
A few minutes! and there is your problem.20-30 secs is sufficent

rarogal, Apr 6, 10:40pm
I know the mw is much quicker, but I have to have mine toasted, or none at all!