Hot Chocolate

suda, May 15, 5:23am
Went out for brunch and ordered a hot chocolate, when it arrived it was hot milk with a bar of stirring chocolate, where can I buy the bars of stirring chocolate

southerngurl, May 15, 6:35am
would whittakers sante bars do the same thing?

paghan, May 15, 6:40am
Yip thats what some places use in Hamilton and what I use for a treat for the kids, They LOVE them

suda, May 15, 6:47am
good thinking cheaper than the ones on the net too

seanpenn, May 15, 7:13am
I'm just going to hi-jack this thread and ask for any tips for making hot chocolate without the real chocolate. I give my kids the cadburys brand but it's so sweet!! Can you make it with powdered baking chocolate??

nzl99, May 15, 7:17am
I heat the milk in a saucepan on the stove, break in some dark chocolate (Whittakers Dark Ghana usually) and heat until melted in and steaming.I'm not a huge fan of sweet hot choc drinks and this is perfect.

harpnote, May 15, 8:25am
@Seanpenn then don't use Cadbury! I find Whittakers to be just right and not too sweet either. :)

Otheriwise I have tried cocoa powder with hot cream, and sugar to taste.

norse_westie, May 15, 9:19am
There is a trader on here who sells very good quality dutch cocoa. It is a million times better than cadburys or any other type I have ever tried. I mix it with about half a teaspoon of sugar, and then foamed milk (from my coffee machine). My friends reckon I could sell the stuff its so good.

I use dutch cocoa for everything now, wouldnt touch other stuff for anything. Even my cakes are that much better...

kinna54, May 15, 9:41am
The trade aid shop sells them. They are absolutely beautiful. Definitely agree norse_westie about the cocoa.

lindylambchops1, May 16, 12:34am
Any idea who the trader is?I just had a quick search but no luck.TIA

southerngurl, May 16, 6:35am
would whittakers sante bars do the same thing!

seanpenn, May 16, 7:13am
I'm just going to hi-jack this thread and ask for any tips for making hot chocolate without the real chocolate. I give my kids the cadburys brand but it's so sweet! Can you make it with powdered baking chocolate!

nzl99, May 16, 7:17am
I heat the milk in a saucepan on the stove, break in some dark chocolate (Whittakers Dark Ghana usually) and heat until melted in and steaming.I'm not a huge fan of sweet hot choc drinks and this is perfect.

harpnote, May 16, 8:25am
@Seanpenn then don't use Cadbury! I find Whittakers to be just right and not too sweet either. :)

Otheriwise I have tried cocoa powder with hot cream, and sugar to taste.

norse_westie, May 16, 9:19am
There is a trader on here who sells very good quality dutch cocoa. It is a million times better than cadburys or any other type I have ever tried. I mix it with about half a teaspoon of sugar, and then foamed milk (from my coffee machine). My friends reckon I could sell the stuff its so good.

I use dutch cocoa for everything now, wouldnt touch other stuff for anything. Even my cakes are that much better.

lindylambchops1, May 17, 12:34am
Any idea who the trader is!I just had a quick search but no luck.TIA