passionfruit

miffycat1, Mar 19, 5:01am
Has any one got some nice recipes to use fresh passion fruit?

kiwiscrapper1, Mar 19, 7:22am
no... I just eat them or using them in icing for banana or lemon cake, if you have a lot send them to me! ! or freeze in ice cubes but once frozen make sure you transfer to a plastic bag mine went a bit funny but I still used it.

skyblue26, Mar 19, 7:25am
add to fruit salad.
Make a sugar syrup and add passionfruit=ice-cream topping.

jag5, Mar 19, 8:26am
Try this one... . we love it... so nice. It is like a cheesecake.

PASSIONFRUIT PIE

175 gms Biscuit crumbs
75 gms butter melted
Combine and mix well. Press into tin. Refrigerate 1 hour.

1 pkt lemon jelly1 cup boiling water
1 tbspn caster sugar 1 1/4 cups whipped cream
1 tsp gelatine1 egg white
3 passionfruit
Sprinkle jelly and gelatine over boiling water and stir till dissolved. Cool. Leave in fridge until jelly just begins to set. Beat egg white until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar. Gradually beat in the almost set jelly and continue to beat until mixture is thick and creamy. Fold in Passionfruit and whipped cream. Pour mixture over base. Refrigerate until firm. Decorate with whipped cream and a little more passionfruit pulp if you like.

jag5, Mar 19, 8:27am
And another... .

PASSIONFRUIT DREAM

2 Egg whites
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
1/4 cup caster sugar
220grm carton Natural Yoghurt

Beat egg whites until stiff, beat in sugar until dissolved, Whip cream. Fold yoghurt and cream into egg white mixture. Gently fold in passionfruit pulp. Place into individual serving dishes or glasses. Decorate with whipped cream and passionfruit.

cottagerose, Mar 19, 10:44pm
The passionfruit pie sounds nice jag5. Im going to make tomorrow

miffycat1, Mar 23, 8:52am
thanks everyone. Can they be frozen?

poppy62, Mar 23, 8:56am
They can be frozen in ice cube trays and just taken out of the freezer and used when needed.

miffycat1, Mar 23, 9:01am
Do you freeze them whole, or just the pulp?

jag5, Mar 23, 8:22pm
Just the pulp. Scoop out and put in ice cube trays, then bag up when frozen. Just take out what you need when you need it.

lynan, Mar 24, 5:02am
Make Passionfruit curd... like the lemon one. Just beautiful and I eat it outta the jar with a spoon! lol

lizab, Nov 30, 11:42am
We have heaps of passionfruit each year and I scoop out the seeds straight into plastic jars (from yeast or vegemite etc) and I freeze the lot. If I want some for an icing or something, I just put the plastic jar in a jug of hot water, wait for it to defrost a little, take out what I need and refreeze the jar. Never had a problem - lasts forever :)