Moro bar cheesecake?

fishheadsoup, Jul 4, 4:20am
Had a recipe for a chocolate cheesecake with i think moro bars in and cant find it could someone please help me out if not one that has chocolate in to make my chocolate lover friends happy many thanks

garfeild101, Jul 4, 4:35am
well you could buy cheesecake filling, whisk it with a spoon to loosen it and then in a microwave bowl melt 2x or 3x moro bars till gooey then stir through cheesecake mixture, add some grated chocolate too and what i do sometimes is when you have your crumb base add a thin layer of mixture, then a swirl of hersheys chocolate sauce then top with remainder cheesecake filling....spoon onto the biscuit crumb (made up of wine buscuits and melted butter-sorry cant remember the qtys but just keep adding right amount of butter till its the right consistency) and i usually put them in individual containers for servings or make a big one up etc...chill for at least 3 hrs and your done
cant go wrong as its a non bake one and i make cheesecake this way all the time-never any left ova either =)

fishheadsoup, Jul 4, 4:42am
thanks that sounds great and easier great

garfeild101, Jul 4, 4:52am
No probs-its no fail you cant stuff it up =) ohh and if the cheesecake filling its hard from being in the fridge... microwave it for 20-30 seconds makes it so much easier to stir lol and its a matter of refridgerating it back to what state it was in b4 but with all the goodies mixed in...let me know what you think when youve made it =)

garfeild101, Jul 4, 4:56am
so it should be butter biscut layer, cheesecake, swirl of sauce, cheesecake mmmmmmmmmmm can you just imagine eating that-i mite go make some too thinking about it

burney2, Jul 4, 7:47am
I have a Mars Bar cheesecake, could easily use Moros. Its devine and worth the time if you want to make something to impress:
250g choc thins, 150g butter plus 20g extra, 300ml thickened cream, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 50g milk choc, finely chopped, 3 tsp gelatine, 1/4 C boiling water, 2 x 250g pkts cream cheese (room temp), 1/2 C caster sugar, 3 x 60g mars bars, finely chopped.
Process biscuits until fine breadcrumbs, add melted butter, process till combined. Press mixture firmly in base and side of springform cake pan, chill 30 mins until firm. Meanwhile combine 2 tbsp cream, brown sugar and extra butter in small saucepan. Stir over low heat 3-4 mins until sugar dissolves. Set aside. In separate saucepan, melt choc with 2 tbsp cream over low heat until disolved. Set aside. Dissolve gelatine in water until dissolved, Cool slightly, Set aside. Beat cream cheese and caster sugar together in a bowl until smooth. In another bowl, whisk remaining cream until soft peaks form. Stir gelatine into cheese mixture with Mars bars. Fold in cream. Pour half of cheese mixture over base and drizzle half of caramel and choc sauces. Pull a skewer thru mixture several times to create marbled effect. Repeat process with remaining cheese mixture and sauces. Cover and chill. Delicious!!

nik12, Jul 4, 12:07pm
I've got the moro bar one... too tired to look for it, but I'm pretty sure.
pkt choc thins or wheaten (I use wheaten) crushed, mixed with 50gms butter melted for base.
Whip 250gm cream cheese, and 1/4 C castor sugar.
3T boiling water, and 3t gelatin mixed (let water cool a bit first) - add to above with 1t Vanilla essence (or 1T baileys or similar).
Whip 250ml cream and add to above with 2 chopped up moro bars.
Tip onto base (I do in a baking paper lined springform tin).. decorate with a crumbled flake.
Best if left for 12hrs, but fine eaten after a couple in the fridge.

willyow, Jul 5, 3:26am
Talk about fast-tracking obesity!

wildflower, Jul 5, 4:10am
Only if you ate is regularly.

garfeild101, Jul 5, 4:17am
oh yes i would make cheesecake not very often as well...too fattening specially if i made this one...healthy eating out the window lol

kinna54, Jul 5, 6:51am
Here is one made with toffee pops.

caramel and chocolate cheesecake

200g toffee pop biscuits
40gms butter (melted)
250gm pkt cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
3 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
3/4 cup thickened cream (whipped)
#1 lightly grease the sides and line the base of a 22cm springform pan with baking paper or foil.
Place biscuits in a plastic bag and break into pieces with a rolling pin. *biscuits should not be totally crushed*. Reserve 1/4 cup biscuits.
Place remaining biscuits into a bowl and add butter
Mix and press into base of the prepared pan. Chill.
#2 Using electric beaters beat cream cheese and sugar until softened and combined.
Add sour cream and beat till smooth.Fold gelatine through whipped cream and then fold through cream cheese mixture.
#3 Fold in reserved biscuits. Spread mix over the chilled biscuit base. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hrs until set, or overnight if possible.
Serve with chocolate sauce, cream and chocolate curls.
This delicious cheesecake just melts in your mouth.... divine.