I just made my face cleansing bar and its so easy.

beagle12, May 19, 2:12am
1 cup lux flakes, 1/2 cup boiling water, 1 dsp olive oil (or almond) and this time I added strawberry essence. Whip together with a whisk and put into muffin tins to dry. Mine are sitting in the sun now. It makes about 5 cakes and I use this in the shower to remove makeup etc. I have found no difference using these homemade products than when I was using Estee Lauder and these soap bars at a few cents each will last me all year. lol. As you were people.

jan2242, May 19, 9:26pm
Sounds lovely. Could you use this as an all over soap?

purplegoanna, May 19, 10:58pm
im slowly replacing all my bathroom products with homemade items, i made some comfrey balm and then removed all my chemist conncotions, then made lip balm and binned all my lipsticks & lip conditioners bar 1 lipstick, now im using all natural soap and have given all our shop brought soap to the neighbour... its great. . my next replacement investigation is going to be shampoo and conditioner fingers x'd...

jan2242, May 19, 11:03pm
wow, you are a busy girl. I would love to know how to make lip balm if you would share?

maxwell.inc, May 19, 11:20pm
Thats easy - and u have it at home

1tsp baking soda to 1 cup warm water = shampoo . . pour on massage and leave a few minutes. . rinse off

1tsp ACV to 1c warm water = Conditioner . . pour on leave a few mins rinse off (dont use the acv if you have naturally greasy hair)

Been using it for about 6 months.

malcovy, May 19, 11:25pm
So what is your hair like lovely and silky or a little rough. I have tried using a shampoo bar and it made my hair yuk and it was a good quality one. ACV stands for Apple Cider Vinegar for those that aren't sure. Applelands make a good vinegar and its NZ made with NZ apples and the best thing its a good price.

maxwell.inc, May 19, 11:29pm
its fine. . clean. . smells clean. . feels clean. . feels natural compared to using chemical shampoos (face it they all are)

Its soft and less fluffy (frizzy) than using chemical rubbish. And my sub derm has totally disappeared.

purplegoanna, May 19, 11:32pm
ive read that one but my one and only 'beauty treatment/makeup' i get and wear is getting my hair coloured and im worried the acv will strip it...

maxwell.inc, May 19, 11:35pm
dont use the ACV then.

I dye my hair regularly and it doesnt effect it at all...

I hardly use the ACV thou as I have a naturally oily scalp and ACV can make that more oily.

Put it this way thou. . if your 100% worried about your hair colour then you cant really consider anything natural. . as its the chemicals in the shampoos (the colour friendly ones) that allow the colour to hold and not fade 'so fast'... all the natural alternatives would not be considered 'kind' to hair colour.

However I dont see any less performance from my hair colour by using B/Soda - but I haven't used any of the chemical colour friendly shampoos so who knows mine might last longer - just not willing to slaver on the chemicals to find out lol

purplegoanna, May 19, 11:37pm
lip balm is easy, coconut oil and beeswax + vitamin E if you can get it and afford it, you will notice u only use it once or twice a day compared to constantly re-applying the shop brought stuff, when i researched why its due to my skin no longer fighting the chemicals in the lip product, chemicals that are not needed buy your skin but are their to provide colour, smell and longevity of the product! im slowly starting to bring all my friends & family around to the natural sknicare way of thinking, some just dont care but heaps can be persuaded with the odd jar here & there... .

duckmoon, May 19, 11:37pm
what ia ACV?

purplegoanna, May 19, 11:38pm
that acv out then anyway cause my hair is natirally oily... trust me i shall find something in the end... .

maxwell.inc, May 19, 11:39pm
See #6

maxwell.inc, May 19, 11:40pm
hehe maybe - I've been there done that with the natural beauty training.

Brie has something close on her site thou (from memory) check out ethique I think shes renamed it (website)

tixy, May 22, 2:16am
Here is another recipe for those interested in natural products:

HOMEMADE BABY WIPES

Take 1 roll of plain white VIVA paper towels. Lay the roll on its side and saw it in half. Stand both of the rolls up in a dish and put to one side.

Mix in a bowl 2 c boiling water, 1 T lux flakes (or grated gentle soap), 1 T almond oil, 8 drops of EITHER tea tree or lavender oil. Stir til combined and then pour it all over the rolls of paper. Leave to soak in. Now you can pull out the cardboard roll from the centre.

I lay them in empty Huggies wipes boxes and pull them out from the centre.

Affordable, reasonably natural and flushable! !