Bar Biscuits & Malt Biscuits

darkestangel1, May 19, 11:19am
does anyone have any recipes that they can share with us please?

dennydee60, May 19, 9:35pm
Google refrigerator biscuits, roll up and slice and with different flavours as well.

the-archer, May 19, 11:15pm

kilmarnock1, May 22, 9:26am
Could anyone please help with a plain bar biscuit recipe, eg roll the mixture into a log and slice and cook. Also a crispy malt biscuit? My husband remembers these from his childhood and I would like to try and recreate for him. Many thanks.

boxsters3, Jul 3, 6:47am
Cinnamon Ginger Snaps
4 oz butter (85 grams); 1/2 cup sugar; 1/4 cup golden syrup;
1 & 2/3 cups flour, 3/4 tspn baking soda; 1 tspn cinnamon; 1 & 1/2 tspn ground ginger; 1 tspn ground cloves

Cream butter and sugar, add golden syrup, beat well.

Stir in sifted dry ingredients to form a stiff dough.
Knead with hands to get a smooth dough.
Shape into a cylinder 1 & 1/2 inches (3-4 cms) in diameter, wrap in wax paper & chill for several hours until firm.
Cut into thin slices, place on a slightly greased tray.
Bake at 350F (180C) about 8-10 minutes
Makes about 40
This is a recipe I made while growing up. You reminded me of them, so I looked up recipe in my old recipe book. The cup measurements are probably teacups not metric cups

(I think a teacup is about 2/3 - 3/4 a metric cup. If you don't have a teacup I'd suggest; using metric cups, increasing the amount of butter and, using heaped teaspoons for spices, That;s what I think I'll do, now I've remembered about them)

wheelz, Jul 3, 7:13am
For malt biscuits, I found and use this recipe:
https://www.radionz.co.nz/collections/recipes/alisons-malty-biscuits

slimgym, Aug 9, 2:03am
lolly cake is that what you are looking for. I don't turn my biscuit to dust I keep my biscuits with bits still in tacked