Deep fried Moro bar recipe please share

mr-and-mrs, Apr 22, 9:09pm
I would love a decent deep fried moro bar recipe please. One thats a fave.I would like the batter one and the one u make with filo pastry, bananas and moro bars too.TIA

jessie981, Apr 22, 9:12pm
Good luck with your request. They sound soooo rich.

dezzie, Apr 22, 9:18pm
the trick to deep frying a moro bar is freezing them 1st, then just batter and cook til the batter is done, make sure the bar is totally covered in batter or it will wreck your oil.
Don't know about any of the other ones you asked for.

mr-and-mrs, Apr 22, 9:19pm
They are and so yummy. I bought one from the takeaways and it was yum but the batter ruined it cos the batter was too thick.I was told by my daughter to make it with filo pastry and bananas and bake it but she didn't know the recipe

mr-and-mrs, Apr 22, 9:44pm
Can u give me a good batter recipe please Dezzie

we_egg, Apr 22, 9:57pm
LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND.......:o)

Chocolate, caramel and banana filo parcel, served with butterscotch sauce and whipped cream

1 Moro or Mars Bar
1 ripe banana
3 sheets filo pastry
100g melted butter

Sauce
50g butter
3/4 cup cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp golden Syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

100ml whipped cream

Pre-heat oven to 200deg C.

Lay out three sheets of filo pastry, with melted butter brushed between each sheet.
Place half a Moro bar or similar, cut lengthways, at one end of the pastry, along with a quarter of a banana, also cut lengthways.
Roll in filo until covered, fold in edges, brush on more butter and complete rolling, brush with butter again, place in the parcel on a baking tray in the oven and bake for 8-10 mins or until golden.

In a saucepan, heat brown sugar, cream, butter, golden syrup and vanilla essence. Simmer gently for 2-3 mins stirring continuously.

Serve filos with sauce and whipped cream... YUMMMMYYY

jessie981, Apr 22, 9:59pm
Off Google. More there
Ingredients
1 cup sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold water
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 Mars or other caramel covered candy bars
Shortening or oil for frying
Directions
Mix flour, salt, and water until smooth, cover, and let stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes. Stir baking powder into batter. Place shortening or oil in a deep fat fryer, insert thermometer, and begin heating over high heat. Dip candy bars into batter, allowing excess to drain off. Fry in 375 degree fat until golden and crisp. Drain on paper toweling.

mr-and-mrs, Apr 22, 10:32pm
yum thanks people i'm gonna try all them

dezzie, Apr 23, 9:18pm
the trick to deep frying a moro bar is freezing them 1st, then just batter and cook til the batter is done, make sure the bar is totally covered in batter or it will wreck your oil.
Don't know about any of the other ones you asked for.

mr-and-mrs, Apr 23, 9:19pm
They are and so yummy. I bought one from the takeaways and it was yum but the batter ruined it cos the batter was too thick.I was told by my daughter to make it with filo pastry and bananas and bake it but she didn't know the recipe

we_egg, Apr 23, 9:57pm
LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND.:o)

Chocolate, caramel and banana filo parcel, served with butterscotch sauce and whipped cream

1 Moro or Mars Bar
1 ripe banana
3 sheets filo pastry
100g melted butter

Sauce
50g butter
3/4 cup cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp golden Syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

100ml whipped cream

Pre-heat oven to 200deg C.

Lay out three sheets of filo pastry, with melted butter brushed between each sheet.
Place half a Moro bar or similar, cut lengthways, at one end of the pastry, along with a quarter of a banana, also cut lengthways.
Roll in filo until covered, fold in edges, brush on more butter and complete rolling, brush with butter again, place in the parcel on a baking tray in the oven and bake for 8-10 mins or until golden.

In a saucepan, heat brown sugar, cream, butter, golden syrup and vanilla essence. Simmer gently for 2-3 mins stirring continuously.

Serve filos with sauce and whipped cream. YUMMMMYYY

mr-and-mrs, Apr 23, 10:32pm
yum thanks people i'm gonna try all them