Traditional Maori 'fried' Bread Please:)

johnnicoker, May 21, 2:11am
Hi guys, hope your days are going well. An overseas friend of mine who tried Maori Bread years ago is coming to New Zealand and has please requested me to makeMaori Fried bread. I have looked on internet but the recipes I looked at were VERY different to each other eg, one said to use milk to mix, another said water. I didn't have any lucky on Trade Me cooks as couldn't find a section to look in. I would really appreciate anyone's help. Thanks

245sam, May 21, 2:17am
johnnicoker, have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=26&t=940

Another suggestion is to do a search here on this Trademe MB using 'fry bread' or 'fried bread' as the Keywords and 'Anytime' as the date posted option.

Hope these suggestions help. :-))

nahzee, May 21, 2:17am
the title made me hungry. . lol

rodga, May 21, 2:20am
me too... lmao

fancy seeing you in here cuzzy

johnnicoker, May 21, 2:26am
I know, I can't wait to make and I think I want Golden Syrup and cream, lol.

fisher, May 21, 2:26am
Maori Fried Bread
Bowl one:
5 cups plain flour. . 3 tbsp white sugar. . 1/2 tsp salt. ~mix all together...
Bowl two:
1 tbsp sugar. . 3 cups milk. . boiling water mixed togethersprinkle on 1 sachet of fresh yeast~mix all together
After 15 minutes combine well into 1 bowl and let rise for 1. 5 hours... Deep fry in hot oil... .

245sam, May 21, 2:27am
johnnicoker, have you checked out the recipes on the link as in #2 above?
:-))

johnnicoker, May 21, 2:31am
Sorry but where is the search area in here? ? ? lol

johnnicoker, May 21, 2:32am
Thank you Fisher:)

nahzee, May 21, 2:33am
true and you in here... i knew we meant to be... oh i miss wednesday nights... . . and the smell of your fried bread cooking on the stove. . *sighs*. .

johnnicoker, May 21, 2:36am
Oh nice nahzee. At this rate I won't be waiting for friend, it will be tonights dinner! I'll call it practice, LMAO!

johnnicoker, May 21, 2:37am
Do spill Rodga, whats your special recipes, Nahzee has made it sound great! ! :)

245sam, May 21, 2:47am
You should be able to find the search area for all the Trademe MBs towards the top left of your screen under the heading "Message board", above the headings "Buying" and "Selling". :-))

jude155, May 21, 3:53am
HI JOHNNY I HAVE A ONE I GOT FROM THE MANA MAG AND I USE IT ALL THE TIME WOULD YOU LIKE THAT RECIPE JUDE

fishheadsoup, May 21, 9:19am
please thanks Jude im sure we would

milinda, May 22, 8:35am
I use this recipe which everyone loves.
2 cups Self Raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
Stir in 1 Cup of Warm Water then gently knead until the dough is smooth & soft. Roll out and cut into squares and fry in Hot Oil.
... Yummy Yummy.

jude155, May 22, 11:52pm
FRIED BREAD
4 CPS OF SELF RAISING FLOUR2 CPS COLD WATER CANOLA OIL
METHOD
PUT FLOUR INTO BOWL. MAKE A WELL AND POUR IN THE WATER.
MIX THE INGREDIENTS INTO A DOUGH.
TAKE THE MIXTURE OUT OF THE BOWL AND GIVE IT A LITTLE KNEAD. THEN, USING YOUR PALM AS A SIZE GUIDE, BREAK OFF THE MIXTURE INTO SINGLE SERVINGS AND ROLE INTO FLAT CIRCULAR SHAPE , HEAT THE OIL IN A DEEP PAN OR WOK WHEN HOT DROP MIXTURE INTO THE PAN. FLIP BREAD OVER REMOVE FROM OIL WHEN BROWN, THE WHOLE MIXTURE SHOULD MAKE APPROXIMATELY 24 SERVE HOT

mber2, May 29, 12:19am
Yummy fried & Maori bread i just love it. Thanks for the recipes & i will be making some tomorrow when i get the yeast