And what if you havent got a slow cooker?

Page 2 / 2
squeakygirl, Jul 4, 4:12am
elliehen, how does that thing work?

rob5chch6, Jul 4, 8:20am
If you are a porridge lover , done in the crock pot overnight is really convenient and gives it a wonderful nutty flavour . Needs to be in a separate bowl , which sits on top of an upturned saucer . For 2 people use 1 cup rolled oats , with 2 and a half cups of cold water and a pinch of salt . Use low temperature and cook for around 8 hours . So easy to jump out of bed and have a hot yummy breakfast ready and waiting .

elliehen, Jul 4, 8:33am
Couldn't be simpler...it has two parts - the hourglass-shaped bit and the lid, which has spikes in it.You spike the veg (carrot, zucchini etc) and then turn it, choosing the fine strip end or the wider strip end and the veg comes out in long curls.

It's a bit of a toy :)

woolfemme, Jul 4, 8:45am
Perfectly serioius,I made the most marvellous stew one freezing cold day,we had to be out all day house-hunting and I did not trust the oven in the rnetal house we were living in.I had read aboutstraw box cooker in the internet so tried my own version with the wool blankets.We came home after 5.00 pmand when I took the lid off the stockpot I had to lean back away from the steam !It was beautifully cooked.