8 cup petite loaf pan

Page 1 / 2
sting9, Jun 20, 4:56am
On a whim today I purchased one of the above.In the shop I though heck I could adapt any loaf recipe and make these little loaves.Now I am home I have sort of lost my nerve and after reading several recipes such as ginger loaves and date loaves it seems to had to work out the right amount of ingredients and the cooking time...so has anyone got one of these pans and makes yummy loaves and would be happy to share there recipes. I would be really grateful .

lx4000, Jun 20, 4:58am
do they hold about the same amount as a muffin tin? Then there is your cooking time or adjust a bit more or less:)
Keep us posted when you make some!!

pam.delilah, Jun 20, 5:26am
we have recipe here on TM
Little Gingerbread Loaves (makes 16)

200g butter softened.
1¼ cups raw caster sugar,
¾ cup treacle warmed,
2 eggs,
3 cups flour,
1½ Tbsp ground ginger,
3tsp mixed spice,
1tsp baking soda,
¾ cup milk

.METHOD:
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Grease 2x8 hole tiny loaf pans or 22 muffin pans.
Cream butter and sugar, add treacle and beat 3 minutes more.
Add eggs one at a time, beating between additions.
Stir in the dry ingredients then milk.
Bake for about 20 minutes.
Stand for 2 minutes before turning out.
Can be iced.

pam.delilah, Jun 20, 5:26am
Mini-mini Loaves (8 to a tray)

MORNING MINI LOAVES: 1 cup blueberries, ¼ cup sugar, 2 cups flour, 2½ tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 egg lightly beaten, ¾ cup milk, 100g butter, melted.
METHOD: Preheat oven to 200deg C. Lightly oil 6 holes of an 8 hole tray.Reserve 2Tbsp blueberries for the topping. Combine wet ingredients into a bowl and add to dry ingredients. Spoon into the tins. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.

. Petite Orange Coconut Loaves60g butter, chopped, ½ cup caster sugar, 2 eggs separated, ½ cup S/R flour, ¼ cup plain flour, 2Tbsp coconut, ¼ cup fresh orange juice, ¼ cup milk, 1/3 cup caster sugar extra, 1¼ cups shredded coconut, 1Tbsp cornflour.

METHOD: Preheat oven to 180/160 fan-forced. Grease an 8 hole mini loaf tray and line the bottom with paper. Beat butter, sugar and yolks till light and fluffy. Stir in half the sifted flours then half the dessicated coconut, orange juice and milk, stir in the remaining flour , coconut, juice and milk. Divide the mixture into the pan holes. Beat the whites to a soft peak and add the extra sugar. Stir in the shredded coconut and cornflour. Cover the batter with this mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.

pam.delilah, Jun 20, 5:27am
MINI PUMPKIN & HAZELNUT LOAVES
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
500g pumpkin, peeled and diced small
1 cup white wine
1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
2 Tbsp dried thyme
½ cup aged cheddar, grated
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
4 No. 6 eggs
35g self-raising flour
Preheat oven to 180deg. Grease and line 8 mini loaf pans with baking paper.
Saute onion and garlic over moderate heat until transparent. Add diced pumpkin and cook for 5 minutes then add wine. Simmer to reduce liquid for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is soft. Set aside to cool.
In a bowl, mix together the hazelnuts, thyme, cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs and add to the nut mixture. Add the pumpkin mixture, then the sifted flour.
Mix to combine well, then divide equally among the mini loaf pans. Bake for 25 minutes (approximately) or until firm. Cool before removing from tin.

pam.delilah, Jun 20, 5:32am
Mini Meatloaves
Little individual loaves can be so much more appealing than one large slab. Serve these ones with chunky tomato relish and crusty French bread for yummy on-the-spot sandwich making.
400g finely minced beef
450g packet sausage meat
1 onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, eg parsley,
sage, rosemary
1 egg
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon liquid honey
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1 tablespoon hot water
Thyme sprigs for garnish

Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 4-6 mini loaf pans and line each one with a strip of baking paper.
In a large bowl mix mince, sausage meat, onion, garlic, herbs, egg and seasonings until well combined. Divide mixture between tins and smooth tops.

Combine honey, mustard and water and spoon over loaves. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
Place loaf pans in a large roasting dish half filled with hot water. Cover dish with foil. Bake 20 minutes then remove foil and bake 10 minutes or until loaves are golden and juices run clear. Serve warm or cold.Makes 4-6, serves 6-8

sting9, Jun 20, 5:57am
Oh wow great start one and all.They are a cup size so think they are larger than the average muffin tin. The ginger bread recipe makes sixteen do you think I could just fill the 8 holes and cook longer?

buzzy110, Jun 20, 6:01am
I always bake our own bread (sour dough) and I use one when I want to make bread rolls. The little bread loaves are a novelty and they look fantastic.

pam.delilah, Jun 20, 6:09am
just half the recipe. These are very nice and are the one they have in the tea rooms and JBS of Ballantynes (at Westfield mall at the mo)

pam.delilah, Jun 20, 6:11am
. Agree with you buzzy110

sting9, Jun 20, 7:02pm
Anyone got a recipe for mini date loaves?Our local bakery which has now closed and gone to porirua used to make really yummy ones all sticky and gorgeous.

calista, Jun 20, 8:18pm
I hadn't thought of using these for meat loaves or bread rolls.

That's what I like about "Recipes" - there is always aomeone whose suggestions and experiencetake me down new pathways. Thanks.

cookessentials, Jun 20, 9:57pm
They are perfect for meat loaves, breads, mini "cakes" or desserts and I always advise my customers of all the different things you can use them for. Mini terrines, fruit loaves, mini madeira cakes and the like. I used mine to do the beautiful ginger baby cakes with rhubarb compote down the middle from the Gourmet Traveller magazine. You could make savoury muffins and even scones as well, they are extremely versatile.

cookessentials, Jun 20, 9:58pm
Here is the recipe for them,
SPICE AND RHUBARB BUTTER BABY CAKES

225g soft unsalted butter
3/4 cup golden syrup
3 eggs
225g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cloves

COMPOTE:2 stalks rhubarb,sliced thinly ( I sliced on the diagonal)
55g caster sugar 1 tbsp water.
Combine rhubarb,sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce to low, cover and cook about 8 mins till rhubarb is soft.

Cream butter and golden syrup, add eggs, one at a time,mixing well after each addition. Sift over the flour,baking powder & spices. Stir well. Spoon into greased mini loaf pans ( the tray with eight) and then spoon 2 tsp of rhubarb compote along each centre. Bake at 180C for 12-15 minutes. I found that it was better to create a small "groove" along the length of each loaf and then put the compote lengthwise into the groove. The couple that I tried,without making a groove tended to have the rhubarb compte spread to the sides as they rose,whereas the grooved ones managed to keep the compte more concentrated in the centre. They were very moist,spicy and well worth making.

cookessentials, Jun 20, 10:09pm
Banana Loaves With Muesli Topping

You need one large overripe banana (230g)
to get the amount of mashed banana needed for this recipe.

75g butter, softened
75g firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
110g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
115g mashed overripe banana
60g sour cream
1 tablespoon milk
75g untoasted muesli
35g dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease six holes of 8-hole petite loaf pan.

Beat butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in sifted dry ingredients, banana, sour cream and milk.

Divide mixture into prepared pan holes; sprinkle with combined muesli and cranberries.

Bake about 25 minutes.

Stand loaves in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.

sting9, Jun 21, 4:56am
On a whim today I purchased one of the above.In the shop I though heck I could adapt any loaf recipe and make these little loaves.Now I am home I have sort of lost my nerve and after reading several recipes such as ginger loaves and date loaves it seems to had to work out the right amount of ingredients and the cooking time.so has anyone got one of these pans and makes yummy loaves and would be happy to share there recipes. I would be really grateful .

lx4000, Jun 21, 4:58am
do they hold about the same amount as a muffin tin! Then there is your cooking time or adjust a bit more or less:)
Keep us posted when you make some!

sting9, Jun 21, 5:57am
Oh wow great start one and all.They are a cup size so think they are larger than the average muffin tin. The ginger bread recipe makes sixteen do you think I could just fill the 8 holes and cook longer!

pam.delilah, Jun 21, 6:11am
. Agree with you buzzy110

sting9, Jun 21, 7:02pm
Anyone got a recipe for mini date loaves!Our local bakery which has now closed and gone to porirua used to make really yummy ones all sticky and gorgeous.

calista, Jun 21, 8:18pm
I hadn't thought of using these for meat loaves or bread rolls.

That's what I like about "Recipes" - there is always aomeone whose suggestions and experiencetake me down new pathways. Thanks.

sting9, Jun 21, 11:40pm
still hoping somebody will have a date loaf recipe, so bumping up!

calista, Jun 30, 7:39am
I bought an 8 hole mini loaf tin today too.

What I was wondering is - is there some kind of formula for adapting large loaf recipes.For example if I were to bake cookessentials' pumpkin loaf recipe in the 8 mini-loaf tin would I bake it at the same temperature for the same amount of time? or cooler for longer, or hotter for a shorter time?

It's not so much the time because I can keep an eye of how they're going, but the temperature.

Sting my mother always used the Edmonds date loaf recipe, but then again you come up against the question I've asked above.

(I hope all that makes sense my liquefaction of the brain is bad tonight).

deus701, Jun 30, 11:19am
I usually bake it about 5-10 degree less. Sometimes instead of looking at the top of the cake waiting for it to brown, is better to check the sides of the cake..as some mixture will make it brown faster.
also the tin can make a difference (dark colour one absorbs heat better hence cook/colour faster)

calista, Jul 1, 7:39am
I bought an 8 hole mini loaf tin today too.

What I was wondering is - is there some kind of formula for adapting large loaf recipes.For example if I were to bake cookessentials' pumpkin loaf recipe in the 8 mini-loaf tin would I bake it at the same temperature for the same amount of time! or cooler for longer, or hotter for a shorter time!

It's not so much the time because I can keep an eye of how they're going, but the temperature.

Sting my mother always used the Edmonds date loaf recipe, but then again you come up against the question I've asked above.

(I hope all that makes sense my liquefaction of the brain is bad tonight).