Cheese roll ups

Page 2 / 2
debudder, Jun 22, 11:36am
please thought call them Cheese rolls, I like the evapourated milk recipe, and freeze pre cooked.You are also able to freeze the mixture in small pottles and just thaw as needed.i do normally remove the crusts though

beebs, Jun 22, 8:24pm
i use onion mix, reduced cream and grated cheese (and met gently on the stove top and cool)and just multiply it up to the quantity you need....freezes well, quantity of cheese is just what you can afford to put in! I use sandwich bread and cut the sides off two sides (opposite each other) and roll the bread and mixture up with the cut ends as the sides of the cheese roll, just gives it a tidier finish imho.....I just roll them up and put them in a plastic bag or container and pop in the freezer, they are great as a quick lunch with soup, as they refrost quickly, just pop them under a heated grill and brown both sides

mrsrussie, Jun 23, 5:18am
Thanks, do you use the evapourated milk recipe or the cheese and water!

beebs, Jun 23, 8:24pm
i use onion mix, reduced cream and grated cheese (and met gently on the stove top and cool)and just multiply it up to the quantity you need.freezes well, quantity of cheese is just what you can afford to put in! I use sandwich bread and cut the sides off two sides (opposite each other) and roll the bread and mixture up with the cut ends as the sides of the cheese roll, just gives it a tidier finish imho.I just roll them up and put them in a plastic bag or container and pop in the freezer, they are great as a quick lunch with soup, as they refrost quickly, just pop them under a heated grill and brown both sides

rrrg, Oct 29, 12:37am
Does anyone have the quantities using the reduced cream recipe and ingredients. Thanks

Wanting to make for kids soccer trip travelling away.

evorotorua, Oct 29, 1:00am
sorry rrg, I don't know the quantities for reduced cream but I have used one tin evaporated milk, one pkt onion soup and about 2 cups grated cheese. This make up enough for two loaves of sandwich bread. Easier to spread once the mixture has cooled.
Can anyone tell me how much you sell them for when fundraising!

timetogo, Oct 29, 2:23am
Cheese Rolls
1 packet Maggi onion soup
1 cup milk
1 ½ cup grated cheese
Boil mixture until thick.Let cool.Add 1 - 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese.Spread onto lightly buttered sandwich bread.Roll up and grill. Turn over at least once.Grill until golden and crispy. Mixture usually covers 1 loaf.

rainrain1, Oct 29, 6:45am
Or,grated cheese, fine chopped onion, mix with a bit of hot water and blend on stove till cheese has melted to a spreadable consistency mmm mmm

sunshine78, Oct 29, 7:44am
Probably obvious here, but free floe freeze them - not in a big lump. Then bag them. Yum yum yum yum yum. Such happy childhood memories of cheese rolls after sport. I still manage to convince mum t make them (even though I'm perfectly capable) when I bring her grandkids to stay.

dn_filly, Oct 29, 8:44pm
Grandma use to make them using a Cheese sause
start with a tiny bit of butter and flour, make a rue, add milk, and grated cheese. can add onion, or soup mix for flavour.
mix until smooth and thick.she would cut all the crusts off the bread, but i only do the "long sides"

if i want to make a quick batch, i just get some grated cheese, a bit of onion salt, and a splash of boiling water. mix until the cheese is soft enough to spread, and make as many as u need.any left over mix can go in a pottle in fridge/freezer

landylass, Oct 30, 9:40am
Cant always get the nice thin bread at the supermarket.I know groups that do hundreds of dozens for fundraising often order bread to be sliced into thin for them.When making big quantities one of those flat spreaders is quicker to use than a knife.I pack in lots of a dozen and freeze.If they are not packed too tightly you can get them out easily without thawing the whole lot.When heating from frozen, zap in microwave then finish under the grill, otherwise they will be cooked on outside and not gooey in the middle.

bridget107, Jan 31, 10:46pm

bev00, Feb 24, 8:15am
recycling always popular

tarawera99, Feb 24, 8:46am
I use can of evaporated milk,add onion soup mix, which I put over medium heat until thick then add 2 or so cups of Colby cheese then spread over natures fresh sandwich slice bread with crusts off.I take them to shared morning teas and they always vanish

robyn35, Feb 24, 9:09am
Brumbys have a bread slicer so if asked can cut the loaf length ways instead of sideways (if you get what I mean) perfect for making these

nik12, Feb 24, 10:59am
There is still one brand of bread that does the extra thin slices that are good for cheese rolls, but I can't think of it right now! I think the packaging is fairly blue!
Edit to say, but it doesn't really matter. use sandwich. And yep freeze uncooked.If you freeze on trays, then bag, it's easy to take out what you want.

pigletnz25, Feb 24, 11:16pm
These are ymmy with mince in also, there is a cafe in Dunedin that sell the mince, cheese, corn and oyster rolls.So yummo. We always used to go to the little hut cafe in Dunners when we were teenagers and buy cheese rolls and hot chocolate on cold Dunedin winters days, nothing better.

bridget107, Feb 25, 8:21am
Yum, the addition of crushed pineapple sounds good!

guest, Jan 11, 5:18am
You're on top of the game. Thanks for shnarig.

guest, Jan 14, 9:51am
The process is ideaticnl on a Mac except for applying the mask filter.To apply the mask filter on a Mac, select the top clip in the timeline then choose Effects > Video Filter > Matte > Mask Shape.Then open the clip in the viewer and select the Filter tab. There you can adjust the positioning of the mask.I demonstrate the same mask filter effect for Mac user's in my how to blur a face video, which is here: