Slow cooker overcooking

Page 2 / 2
spotswood, Jul 8, 3:13am
I have the 5 litreBreville and find that it cooks things too fast ,even on low. Interesting discussion about the older ones having the element on the bottom,I didn't realize they were different.

paix1, Jul 8, 4:12am
I have a ZIP & yep! it cooks faster than it should - what recipe book says takes 8-10 hrs mine does in 5-6 - its OK 'cos I watch it but can't put it on in the morning & go to work - which is what I wanted it for in the first place!! (goes off to search for Crockpots lol)

eastie3, Jul 8, 6:08am
I bought my crockpot about 30yrs ago and still use it although not as much now that the kids are long gone.My DiL has a slow cooker which has also caught her out in much the same way as others have posted.She is making not so subtle hints about getting her mitts on mine,ain't gonna happen !

shuzbut, Jul 15, 2:16am
Sounds like your machine is packing a sad,get it checked out by an electrician just incase it's a faulty thermostat, because slow cookers are not supposed to play up . they cook slow and have tender meat and veges.

thomson-tes, Jul 15, 4:23am
I had my Breville replaced by them cos the thermostat was faulty.....Good luck.Get the thermostat checked by an appliance repair person first.