Be VERY afraid! Recipes is a War Zone ;)

Page 4 / 9
mwood, Nov 30, 8:07am
perhaps somebody will be kind enough to bring it to the attention of TM Admin - a little bit of time out in the naughty corner seems to be what is required.

doug57, Nov 30, 8:09am
well. . can I just say, for what it's worth. . that those that seem to think it's worth re-hashing and extending. . what I think is now OTT, are also making this section of the message board unpleasant.
I think it's time to let sleeping dogs lie, be grown ups and move along. . and all that jazz! !

rosewildvinyl, Nov 30, 8:11am
I wouldn't do that mwood.
Isn't this a place to share, even newbies & it would be better for all if the new folk were welcomed, not targeted.

kirinesha, Nov 30, 8:12am
Couldn't agree more Doug.

maysept, Nov 30, 8:12am
Don't let the self- important, sanctimonious bitches on this board (and in this thread as it happens. . ) get to you. They are probably ignored in real life, so being belittling of and condecsnding to people on a message board is probably the only attention they get. Sad, recipes used to be a very warm and fuzzy place to hang out, and get good information and help, shame it's been invaded by a small group of people, deluded about both their knowledge and their importance to this board. Like others have said, ignore it and focus on the many helpful and kind people here, who are still the vast majority.

grannypam, Nov 30, 8:14am
it happens in other parts of the mb as well. .

someone will say what they are cooking for dinner and they then get told how unhealthy it is and how they SHOULD cook it . . or what they SHOULD cook in its place. .

and for the record. . I lurk everywhere and post anywhere. . lol

kirinesha, Nov 30, 8:17am
You serial lurker you! Hope you are well GP!

grannypam, Nov 30, 8:18am
hiya kiri. .

yep. . wearing out slowly but keepin on keepin on as they say. . lol

nfh1, Nov 30, 8:20am
me too, I fell into a Parenting thread the other day and have no children. I should have been run out of town!

darlingmole, Nov 30, 8:35am
Please excuse me ... I found the "fight" that nearly broke out in pickles thread of homemade worcestershire sauce aboslutely hiliarious!

onestly people ... each to their own.

Davidt4 is definately the person I'd search for if I wanted the creme de la creme recipes (because you know what you're on about). But I also come on here for regular peoples like myself and hear how they do stuff in the kitchen xx

nala2, Nov 30, 9:11am
Where does one draw the line, if someone new to cooking was using "ready" chopped garlic and ginger in a jar from the supermarket and had not thought of chopping it fresh, is it an insult to tell them "why not try some fresh chopped at the same time as you try the jar chopped and see the difference. There is no comparison but unless someone points it out they may never know, and that goes right down the line "time available" stocks, curry pastes, jams pickles. As an example I like asian food and I do something called Nahm Prik Pao (roasted chili paste) it is used in Thai cooking for all sorts of dishes, it takes a bit of work and when I do not have any of my own I buy ready made, there is no comparison and i very quickly make some more. If somebody had not pointed out the difference I would have missed out on a taste experience.

hezwez, Nov 30, 9:17am
I think the line is very clear nala. It's drawn at suggesting someone is mentally ill, their medications need to be sorted, their recipes are "gruesome" and their postings are unintelligible. Wouldn't you agree?

nala2, Nov 30, 9:24am
I will use a phrase the English often use and I do not like but I think appropiate "I am gobsmacked at that statement"

dezzie, Nov 30, 9:35am
I've always found the folks in here friendly and nice, and have always had my questions answered nicely.
Its disturbing to see the knives out and I'm putting it down to the prestresses of christmas.
So peace and light people, be excellent to each other, and all the other nice sayings you can think of.

juliewn, Nov 30, 11:53am
Hi Everyone. . I've noticed the posts from those people too, and of their ongoing supporters also. . and it's not hard to identify who some of them are from the defensive posts they've included in this thread.

Healthy debate doesn't include put-downs, derogatory comments, etc. . etc. .

As I posted in one of the threads recently:

Hey everyone. . there's no need to use the put-downs and criticisms getting more common from some people in the recipe threads. . some respect and courtesy would go a lot further. .

annie.nz, Nov 30, 7:04pm
Well said, juliewyn.

nfh1, Nov 30, 7:37pm
Surely everyone knows the difference between being helpful and being horrible. We are all adults and I happy for all the help I can get, as my cooking skills are only just being developed.

If someone cannot give me a tip/help without virtually telling me I am stupid for not have done it in the past then I would prefer that they kept their tip completely to them self.

pickles7, Nov 30, 10:22pm
... . nfh1... It is not nice to read those things is it, I always have jars of ginger, chillies and garlic in my fridge , they are very handy. .
I have never given anyone food poisoning , but have been yelled at on these message boards, the worst by a person who claimed salami is made from a pig within 5 hours from slaughter , in my "make your own salami" thread. .
I was challenged once to make a sauce to curl your teeth [ hot] This person was just about done for , but still managed to get a little down ...
I cooked from scratch for years, then as I got busier I looked for faster "fresher" sauces... . a slosh of my "Worcestershire sauce"... some chopped up shrimps/oysters, anything in arms reach, a bit of butter, thicken it a little... . I have always made my own "Worcestershire sauce" every time I make it , it is different. .
I still call it "Worcestershire sauce" , that is what it is, my version... not, "Lea & Perrins"

winnie231, Nov 30, 10:49pm
I may end up before the firing squad for saying this - but I feel this thread is only adding fuel to a fire which should have been left to die a natural death.
We have had many differences of opinions between us in the past on many, many topics and I'm sure we'll continue to do so ... and that's ok :-)
This 'warzone' thread is only encouraging people onto their soapboxes to air 'their side' instead of getting on with recipes.
I would much rather see you good folks letting bygones be bygones and putting your energy into positive things like sharing in the 'Christmas traditions' thread ... please ...

That is why I have clicked on the 'vote to have it removed' link below, then on the first post in this thread - clicked on 'vote to remove this thread'. If enough of you have had 'enough' ... and do the same - the thread will be gone.
I mean no-one any disrespect by doing this ... I just think it's time to draw a line - and move on.

Yours sincerely - in peace and goodwill, Rae.

barbs77, Nov 30, 10:53pm
good on you winnie. I have voted also

valentino, Nov 30, 10:56pm
Likewise... . and upfront.

charlieb2, Nov 30, 11:16pm
I totally agree with you winnie. . was thinking the same thing earlier... . . well said and yes, I have voted too

bedazzledjewels, Nov 30, 11:39pm
I voted when this thread started.
Time to move on.

fisher, Nov 30, 11:45pm
voted. . woooo. . reminds me of moderator days lol :}}

mwood, Dec 1, 12:01am
agreed LOL - I guess the two main protagonists want the evidence destroyed before they are banned !