Bounty bar cheesecake

twosin, Jun 4, 1:50am
Hi, a few years back a friend gave me a recipe for a cheese cake with bounty bars and malibu, but have lost it. does anyone have this recipe?
Cheers

toadfish, Jun 4, 3:00am
Boozy Bounty Bar Cheesecake (From Google)

Ingredients
1 can condensed milk
300ml double cream
250g Cream Cheese
3 double Bounty Bars (chopped)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 pkt powdered gelatin
25g dessicated coconut
50g Choc (I prefer dark but its your choice)
12 digestive biscuits
2 tablespoons demerara sugar
50g melted butter
9" Springform tin
good slug Malibu

Melt butter.

Place the biscuits in a bag and crush with a rolling pin until they are very fine crumbs

Place in a bowl with the demerara sugar and melted butter and combine

Put mixture into the tin and press down firmly.

Put the tin in the fridge.

In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, double cream and condensed milk. Beat until thick

Dissolve the gelatin in the lemon juice. To do this place the gelatin and lemon juice in a small cup and place in a pan of boiling water. Stir occasionally until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Put aside to cook for a few minutes.

Chop the Bounty Bars and add to the cream mixture together with the dessicated coconut and a good slug of Malibu (to your taste)

Beat again until well combined.

Whilst still beating the mixture quickly add the gelatin mixture and make sure it is completely incorporated into the cream mixture

Put the mixture on top of the biscuit base.

Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the cream mixture

Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight

ENJOY. Lovely served with either cream or my favourite is a spoon of chocolate icecream

wildflower, Jun 4, 3:36am
Sounds too good, just as well I don't have any Malibu so I won't be tempted to make it!

twosin, Jun 5, 1:50am
Hi, a few years back a friend gave me a recipe for a cheese cake with bounty bars and malibu, but have lost it. does anyone have this recipe!
Cheers

peaknuckle, Jun 5, 3:16am
Just the title got me drooling let alone the ingredient list!

wildflower, Jun 5, 3:36am
Sounds too good, just as well I don't have any Malibu so I won't be tempted to make it!

wildflower, Jun 5, 3:48am
How many grams is one packet of powdered gelatin?

toadfish, Jun 5, 3:56am
From google...

1 pouch is about 2 1/2 teaspoons (7g) unflavoured gelatine. If a recipe calls for 1 tablespoon, use 1 pouch of unflavoured gelatine. Each pouch will gel 2 cups (500mL) of liquid and up to 1 1/2 (375mL) cups of solids

wildflower, Jun 6, 3:48am
How many grams is one packet of powdered gelatin!

toadfish, Jun 6, 3:56am
From google.

1 pouch is about 2 1/2 teaspoons (7g) unflavoured gelatine. If a recipe calls for 1 tablespoon, use 1 pouch of unflavoured gelatine. Each pouch will gel 2 cups (500mL) of liquid and up to 1 1/2 (375mL) cups of solids

twosin, Jun 7, 9:40am
Thanks toadfish, didn't think to google for the recipe,
Cheers

twosin, Jun 8, 9:40am
Thanks toadfish, didn't think to google for the recipe,
Cheers

sunny, Sep 10, 2:17am
fabulous! I have made this for my wedding, after trialling it out on family who loved it as well, a good slosh of malabu does the trick!