Your best tip for pumpkin soup

Page 3 / 3
fisher, Jun 3, 6:11am
Yup Butternut is "nutty" but a dollop of peanut butter could enhance that .

krazy_kat, Jun 4, 8:03am
If this was facebook, I would "Like"!Totally correct, this is the best recipe I've ever had for pumpkin soup - but I add in some fresh ginger as well.

julie_, Jun 5, 4:51am
Use a bacon hock & chilli - that's how I love it anyway :)

gaspodetwd, Jun 5, 6:38am
Bacon! Smoked and dry cure. Which you reserve for topping the soup. Meanwhile fry off your onions and carrots and celery in the bacon fat.
Use real cream at the end. Use fresh nutmeg instead of curry powder.
I love pumpkin soup!

krazy_kat, Jun 5, 8:03am
If this was facebook, I would "Like"!Totally correct, this is the best recipe I've ever had for pumpkin soup - but I add in some fresh ginger as well.

rai5, Jun 6, 2:45am
I make quite a bit of pumpkin soup but once for visitors I added a small can of peaches. It was very yummy.

julie_, Jun 6, 4:51am
Use a bacon hock & chilli - that's how I love it anyway :)

uli, Jun 6, 8:10am
My best tip would be to peel it!
The second best tip would be to add some coconut cream once cooked and mashed :)

winnie231, Jun 5, 3:40am
Bumping for soup season .

duckmoon, Jun 5, 5:03am
Roast the pumpkin

radark, Jun 5, 5:26am
actually you can tell before you even cut it
*the pumpkin should be light relative to its size.this means it will be drier and more flavoursome
*the grey/crown pumpkins are nicer when they have been exposed to frost, a sign of this is a pinky white blush on all or part of the skin

retired, Jun 6, 1:31am
I added a tin of chopped tomatoes to the one I have just made, along with bacon pieces, stocks, onion, garlic etc plus a good shake of curry powder. absolutely delicious.Isn't exactly a true pumpkin soup but good all the same.

allurs, Jun 6, 4:34am
Red curry paste with onion and garlic,finish off with coconut cream and fish sauce

poppy62, Jun 6, 6:45am
Make sure you buy the pumpkins with the darkest orange colour - not a wishy washy orange - the better the colour, the better the flavour.

lynja, Jun 6, 7:08pm
i just made some and chopped the pumpkin and an onion and cooked it in lite coconut cream, Added milk to get it to the right consistancy when whizzing it with my whizz stick blender. It was really nice and added a lovely flavour. I have head that adding peanut butter at then end of cooking adds a nice touch too, but have yet to try that.

cw_jc, Jun 6, 9:28pm
I'm making pumpkin soup tonight.
The one and only time I roasted the pumpkin first it turned out gross, so I haven't done it again lol.
I like to make pumpkin, carrot and feta soup, sooooooo creamy, just crumble a block of feta in once soup is cooked.
And you always have to serve with crusty homemade bread

rosiemoodle, Jun 7, 12:29am
I just heated up some left over pumpkin soup and added some left over rice risotto with carrot and mushroomsYumm on this chilly winters day oh and a dash of sweet chilli sauce

gerry64, Jun 7, 12:34am
thought I was going nuts -couldnt remember starting a thread on pumpkin soup this week but have just worked out it is an old one from last year -by the way took sossies advice and freeze the pumpkin and make a batch as I fancy

puresteam, Jun 7, 12:41am
not everyone like garlic though