How do you use your deep fryer??

Page 1 / 2
kelsey10, May 22, 9:17am
How do you use your deep fryer??? ive just been given one and im not tooo sure on how to go about it lol!!

jessie981, May 22, 10:20am
Go into the lefthand messageboard & under key word put deep fryer. Under date posted put anytime. Hints there.
I use for chips, roast potatoes, spring rolls etc.

ruby19, May 22, 7:53pm
I used to make doughnuts in mine, they were pretty good! Only down side was you had to eat them the day made as the next day they were like rocks, and unfortunately the recipe made about 16, so you needed a crowd to eat them.

lilyfield, May 22, 7:57pm
but that is not the deep fryers fault.

helpless, May 22, 9:46pm
I place the old pot containing the lard/dripping on the stove.
I turn the heat up and heat the lard till it shimmers.
I then drop my home made agria spud chips in and half cook them.
I remove the chips.,and reheat my oil to the shimmer state.
I then put my battered fish in it and cook it for 2-3 mins.
I then remove the fish.
I then reheat to shimmer state and brown my chips.
I then place the pot back in the cupboard or cool place till next time.
And so it goes on till the lards gone..
I then add more.

deraz, May 23, 1:54am
I put rice bran oil in mine and just cook what ever I like. Fried bread, donuts, chips, chicken, battered fish. I cook everything on high and watch it until it is ready, then take it out. You can eat my fried bread and doenuts the next day as I use a yeast recipe and from what everyone tells me, mine are delish.

ruby19, May 23, 1:57am
I was commenting more on the recipe, obviously not the d/fryer :-).

kelsey10, May 23, 9:17am
How do you use your deep fryer! ive just been given one and im not tooo sure on how to go about it lol!

aktow, May 23, 3:26pm
go and get proper deep frying oil or fat.only fill 3/4 up frying basket as oil expands with food in it.. alway watch what you are cooking.. years ago we had a manager who turned on our deep fryers 2 hours before we started work. short answer the oil over heated and caught fire. the deep fryer exploded and no work for two days,,

helpless, May 23, 9:46pm
I place the old pot containing the lard/dripping on the stove.
I turn the heat up and heat the lard till it shimmers.
I then drop my home made agria spud chips in and half cook them.
I remove the chips.,and reheat my oil to the shimmer state.
I then put my battered fish in it and cook it for 2-3 mins.
I then remove the fish.
I then reheat to shimmer state and brown my chips.
I then place the pot back in the cupboard or cool place till next time.
And so it goes on till the lards gone.
I then add more.

lx4000, May 24, 1:19am
I do my roast vegies in mine:) Just like restaurant ones:) Pre boil, cool in fridge till needed then deep fry! Nice every time:)
Then I do chips and mini spring rolls and samosas.
Oh the best one is oliebollen !! mmMmm

lindylambchops1, May 24, 4:42am
That sounds like me, but I use oil.I don't use it that often easier to go & buy fish & chips & have a night off from cooking.

rainbowpride, May 24, 4:44am
I use mine to make donut balls, crispy potatoes and the family favourite is deep fried stuffing.

aimeelouwhite, May 24, 4:48am
Mine blew up!

purplegoanna, May 24, 11:02am
i make my own sweet & sour pork and fish....just like the chinese takeaways but mine dosnt havent gristle! it has chunks of pork or fish, i use the sweet & sour in a jar, boil some carrots up and fry of onion quarters then batter & fry either pork pieces or fish pieces then give all the heated ingredients a toss through and its AWESOME...so much better than the stuff from the takeaways...

chrisynz, May 24, 11:18am
as a dust gather

kuaka, May 24, 11:23am
I do home made battered snapper and chips in mine - usually twice a week, all year round.

aktow, May 24, 3:26pm
go and get proper deep frying oil or fat.only fill 3/4 up frying basket as oil expands with food in it. alway watch what you are cooking. years ago we had a manager who turned on our deep fryers 2 hours before we started work. short answer the oil over heated and caught fire. the deep fryer exploded and no work for two days,,

korbo, May 24, 7:25pm
1x4000..please can i come to your place, when you next make olibollen. havent tasted them for years.
would you share your recipe.

I picked up a kenwood deep fryer a few weeks ago, in a garage sale for $5.00.
havent used it yet, it had no book, so just have to try and work out how it works. the person hated deep fried food, and it had only been used once....
hope it works.....

lx4000, May 25, 1:19am
I do my roast vegies in mine:) Just like restaurant ones:) Pre boil, cool in fridge till needed then deep fry! Nice every time:)
Then I do chips and mini spring rolls and samosas.
Oh the best one is oliebollen ! mmMmm

lx4000, May 25, 2:40am
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Oliebollen-Dutch-Doughnuts/Detail.aspx#

as I'm not sure if I can share this family recipe korbo.

lindylambchops1, May 25, 4:42am
That sounds like me, but I use oil.I don't use it that often easier to go & buy fish & chips & have a night off from cooking.

purplegoanna, May 25, 11:02am
i make my own sweet & sour pork and fish.just like the chinese takeaways but mine dosnt havent gristle! it has chunks of pork or fish, i use the sweet & sour in a jar, boil some carrots up and fry of onion quarters then batter & fry either pork pieces or fish pieces then give all the heated ingredients a toss through and its AWESOME.so much better than the stuff from the takeaways.

korbo, May 25, 7:25pm
1x4000.please can i come to your place, when you next make olibollen. havent tasted them for years.
would you share your recipe.

I picked up a kenwood deep fryer a few weeks ago, in a garage sale for $5.00.
havent used it yet, it had no book, so just have to try and work out how it works. the person hated deep fried food, and it had only been used once.
hope it works.

lx4000, May 26, 2:40am
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Oliebollen-Dutch-Doughnuts/Detail.aspx#

as I'm not sure if I can share this family recipe korbo.