Ground Almond Question

diachris, May 22, 9:02am
In a recipe that has 2 cups of flour, can you replace one of them with ground almonds?Or does the ratio change?Or anything else?
Any help appreciated.

jessie981, May 22, 10:10am
I'd weigh 1c flour & 1c almonds & see if it's the same weight. Would think almonds would weigh lighter.

shop-a-holic, May 23, 12:16am
One Cup Flour weighs 125g and One Cup Ground Almonds (or Almond Meal as some call it) weighs 160gms.

prawn_whiskas, May 23, 12:34am
Depends what the recipe is...Some need the gluten and property's from flour.. others don't.

diachris, May 23, 9:02am
In a recipe that has 2 cups of flour, can you replace one of them with ground almonds!Or does the ratio change!Or anything else!
Any help appreciated.

jessie981, May 23, 10:10am
I'd weigh 1c flour & 1c almonds & see if it's the same weight. Would think almonds would weigh lighter.

prawn_whiskas, May 24, 12:34am
Depends what the recipe is.Some need the gluten and property's from flour. others don't.

blyme_jerv, May 24, 11:54pm
i would say that you wuld use far less GA than flour

diachris, May 26, 8:44am
Thanks for you replies.I made the cake & used one of the little bags of GA think it was about 70gr.I put that in a cup (was about 1/2 filled) then filled up rest with flour, 2nd cup was straight flour.The cake was very nice & had that almondy taste texture to it.I had read that you need to use more raising agent when using GA so I used 3tsp of baking powder & that seemed to work out great.