How do you make the Chicken inside a Riceball?

jaydan1, May 19, 7:57am
Thanks, I did a search over <<<< there, but no results.

skye7, May 19, 8:04am
Do you mean the honey soy chicken?

jaydan1, May 19, 8:15am
That sounds nice also, but im talking about the normal 'Chicken Rice Ball' that you would order, think it's teriaki?

kiwibubbles, May 19, 8:46am
chicken INSIDe a riceball, or on top?

skye7, May 19, 9:17am
You can buy the teriaki marinade, I would imagine marinading the chicken and then cooking it would work.Good excuse to experiment

winnie231, May 19, 9:32am
This looks nice - I would just cut it smaller once cooked to use as a rice ball filling ...

http://japanesefood.about.com/od/teriyakisauce/r/teriyakichicken.htm

mackenzie2, May 19, 9:39am
2 tbsp white vinagar, 2 tbsp soya sauce,and 1 tbsp white sugar, add 3 chicken thighs to boiling mixture, turn mixture down to a simmer, and when chicken is cooked, boil until the mixture thickens, cool chicken, then wrap inside rice...

kelz03, May 20, 1:08am
I worked in a leading sushi store for a year. We would order skinless chicken tenderloins and 'boil' them in an electric fry pan with ginger (from jar), sugar and soy sauce. This was our famous teriyaki chicken. Once the chicken had cooked through, and had absorbed all the liquid, we would simply shred up the tenderloins. There would be no stopping you doing this at home, as long as you get the quantities of your ingredients right (ratio).
The chicken would be stored in the fridge, in air tight containers for up to 3 days.

jessie981, May 20, 2:02am
Love the crunchy chicken ones

charlieb2, May 20, 2:14am
Hey jayden, are you an Eastgate sushi fan by any chance? lol.I got the Kikkoman Teriyaki marinade, after the chicken marinated I dry fried in non-stick pan and it came out very similar to the chicken from Eastgate.

Just as an aside if it IS Eastgate sushi you are craving, they also have a stall at South City near Maccas in the food court (not the ST Pierre stall)

jaydan1, May 20, 3:30am
Thanks kelzo, this sounds just what Im looking for. Will try it out at home when I have some spare time on my hands.

jaydan1, May 20, 3:32am
Big fan of the Eastgate Sushi. Can you buy this marinade at your local supermarket. We use to occasionally shop at the Asian Food Warehouse, but it was destroyed in the quake.

skye7, May 20, 8:04am
Do you mean the honey soy chicken!

jaydan1, May 20, 8:15am
That sounds nice also, but im talking about the normal 'Chicken Rice Ball' that you would order, think it's teriaki!

kiwibubbles, May 20, 8:46am
chicken INSIDe a riceball, or on top!

winnie231, May 20, 9:32am
This looks nice - I would just cut it smaller once cooked to use as a rice ball filling .

http://japanesefood.about.com/od/teriyakisauce/r/teriyakichicken.htm

mackenzie2, May 20, 9:39am
2 tbsp white vinagar, 2 tbsp soya sauce,and 1 tbsp white sugar, add 3 chicken thighs to boiling mixture, turn mixture down to a simmer, and when chicken is cooked, boil until the mixture thickens, cool chicken, then wrap inside rice.

kelz03, May 21, 1:08am
I worked in a leading sushi store for a year. We would order skinless chicken tenderloins and 'boil' them in an electric fry pan with ginger (from jar), sugar and soy sauce. This was our famous teriyaki chicken. Once the chicken had cooked through, and had absorbed all the liquid, we would simply shred up the tenderloins. There would be no stopping you doing this at home, as long as you get the quantities of your ingredients right (ratio).
The chicken would be stored in the fridge, in air tight containers for up to 3 days.

charlieb2, May 21, 2:14am
Hey jayden, are you an Eastgate sushi fan by any chance! lol.I got the Kikkoman Teriyaki marinade, after the chicken marinated I dry fried in non-stick pan and it came out very similar to the chicken from Eastgate.

Just as an aside if it IS Eastgate sushi you are craving, they also have a stall at South City near Maccas in the food court (not the ST Pierre stall)