Can anyone share (yummy but simple slice recipes)

knivng69, May 19, 3:05am
or even cupcake recipes?? im realy getting into baking for the kids but unsure of what to make

shellz213, May 19, 3:34am
My daughter (aged 5) and I make citrus slice together which is very easy being a non bake one but most of all super yummo!!

100 grams butter
1 cup coconut
1/2 can condensed milk
Grated rind of 1 - 2 citrus fruit
1 packet round wine biscuits

Melt butter.Add condensed milk, coconut, finely grated rind and biscuit crumbs.Press into lightly buttered or sprayed tin.

ICING
1 cup icing sugar
citrus fruit juice
2 tbsp soft butter

Mix icing sugar with butter, then add juice a few drops at a time to icing consistency.Spread on base and refrigerate until firm.

knivng69, May 19, 3:59am
Thank you that sounds yummy, im going to give it ago tomorrow with mr 4 as he loves to cook

pp11, May 19, 4:06am
Peanut Honey Crunch:

Melt 125g butter, 3/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter in a large saucepan

Add 6 cups of any of the following (preferably a combination) : rice bubbles /cornflakes /museli /porridge. Mix thoroughly.

Press into slice tin, or alternatively into muffin tins, set in fridge :)

knivng69, May 19, 4:30am
What is the best fruit to use??

gerda4, May 19, 4:41am
You won't get anything easier then this, only 2 mins on cook top.
125 gms butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 Tbs cocoa, 1/2 cup milkboil together in pot for 2mins (only). Then stir in 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter and 4 cups rolled oats. Spread into slice tin and cut when cooled. Set in fridge
Enjoy Regards Gerda

shellz213, May 19, 4:44am
I usually use oranges with maybe a wee bit of lemon as well if you've got any.

jessie981, May 19, 5:27am
Quick'n'Easy - Chocolate Crunch
125gr butter
1c coconut
1TBSP cocoa
1c flour
1/2c sugar
tsp vanilla essence
Melt butter & pour over dry ingredients. Press into a sponge roll tin & bake 20 - 30 mins @ 180. Chocolate icing when cold & sprinkle with coconut, chocolate chips or sprinkles. Cut while warm.

Go into the l/h message board & key in slices. Under date posted put anytime. Plenty there to choose from

Honey & Rice Bubble Slice
125gr butter
125gr sugar
2TBSPs honey or golden syrup
Boil gently 5mins. Remove from heat & add 4c ricebubbles
Press in a sponge roll tin. Cut while warm

tigerlily99, May 19, 5:48am
Mars Bar Slice is delicious but oh so addictive. Very easy though.
Chop up 3 Mars bars, melt in microwave or a pot, add butter about 90gr, stir that into the mars bars mix. Make a well in the centre of 3 cups of rice bubbles in a large bowl. Pour in the mars mixture and mix altogether. Spoon into a greased lamington tin. Sprinkle 100's &1000's on if you want. Place in fridge for 1 hour to set.Cut into squares.Moro's work for this, but I think mars are nicer. You won't be able to stop at one piece.

nzl99, May 19, 7:26am
Made Tan Squares the other day... but with a little twist... they were sinfully good.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32552321&l=77d938d738&id=1225939081

jessie981, May 19, 7:41am
Yum looks & sounds delicious. Has to be up there with Ginger Crunch.

juliewn, May 19, 8:06am
Ohhh they look fabulous.. thanks for sharing your recipe.. :-)

sarahb5, Sep 7, 8:55pm
Thank goodness I found this thread - promised the boys I would make this tonight for dessert and lunch boxes tomorrow then realised I've packed all my cookery books ready to move next week and couldn't remember how much butter