Slowcooker help!

unco12, May 5, 5:24am
Im cooking beef and vegetables in the slow cooker.. and im just wondering if the potatoes are going to cook in time.. they arent soft at all, and we're sposed to eat in about 2 hours.. will they be cooked? thanks!

fifie, May 5, 5:31am
Are they whole or big chunks of potatoes? depends on the size, I'd quickly lift them out and zap them, put them back in cooker again, remember every time you lift lid you cut 20 minutes off cooking time so don't be tempted to do that to often.

unco12, May 5, 5:35am
they are small ish chunks... and thanks for hte info on lifting the lid, i had no idea!

willow123, May 5, 9:46am
You should always put the potatoes and carrots on the bottom and around the sides of the bowl where the element wraps around because they take longer to cook than the meat

unco12, May 6, 5:24am
Im cooking beef and vegetables in the slow cooker. and im just wondering if the potatoes are going to cook in time. they arent soft at all, and we're sposed to eat in about 2 hours. will they be cooked! thanks!

fifie, May 6, 5:31am
Are they whole or big chunks of potatoes! depends on the size, I'd quickly lift them out and zap them, put them back in cooker again, remember every time you lift lid you cut 20 minutes off cooking time so don't be tempted to do that to often.

unco12, May 6, 5:35am
they are small ish chunks. and thanks for hte info on lifting the lid, i had no idea!