What can I do with feta

justdelite, Apr 27, 6:55am
There are only so many salads I can eat and I have quite a bit of it (almost 750gms) which needs to be used, Any ideas ?? Thanks in advance you guys are always my saviours!

fogs, Apr 27, 7:00am
Marinate it. I marinate it with my dried tomatoes.
I cube it then put in a jar with some garlic and italian herbs then cover it all with canola oil leave for at least a month then use in salads on toast pizzas or just eating from the jar
I keep it in the fridge

rusty002, Apr 27, 7:06am
on pizza with avocado!! YUM!!

ant_sonja, Apr 27, 7:14am
Its nice baked - drizzle with olive oil, season with black pepper and lay on some thinly sliced red onion and a bit of lemon. bake wrapped in tin foil for 15 minutes or so and enjoy with a fresh green or mixed salad and some crusty bread.

jenner4, Apr 27, 8:14am
I cut in small squares, Marinate it in olive oil with garlic, olives, rosemary and red pepper corns , put all in a air tight container in the fridge, we use it on salad , crackers, as a slide with a meal, in pita bread with lamb and salad and tabouli

elliehen, Apr 27, 8:34am
Crumbled and stirred through chunky cubed roast vegetables.

rsutton11, Apr 27, 9:00am
It's great in quiche, I just cube it and add it with any quiche recipee.

cookessentials, Apr 27, 9:13am
This is our favourite.

Vegetable Sour Cream Bake
2 kumara, peeled and sliced
pumpkin, skinned and cut into cubes
4 leaves silverbeet, washed and sliced
2 courgettes, grated
1 large onion, sliced
75 grams feta cheese, cut into small cubes
½ cup water
1 teaspoons herb or chicken stock
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 tablespoon sour cream
ground black pepper
25 grams grated tasty cheddar cheese

Method

Pre-heat oven to 210 C.
Boil or steam the kumara and buttercup until almost tender. Remove from pot and put to one side.
Place the silverbeet and courgettes in the pot and cook a further 5 minutes.
Heat a little water in a non-stick pan and sauté the onion until tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the feta cheese.
Lightly grease an oven-proof dish and layer the buttercup, feta and onion mixture, silverbeet and courgettes and finish with the kumara slices.
Mix together the water, stock, cornflour, sour cream, and pepper. Pour over the vegetable layers.
Sprinkle the top with the grated cheddar cheese.
Bake at 210 C for 30 minutes.
I dont do level spponfuls for any of the measurements, usually heaped. If you have no courgettes, dont worry, i often just do it with silverbeet.

justdelite, Apr 27, 9:38am
You guys are fantastic thanks so much!!!

geldof, Apr 27, 10:06pm
Freeze what you can't use.
perfect for cooking.

4crittersnmee, Apr 27, 10:38pm
How do you manage to get "too much", do you make your own? I love the stuff.My favourite way to have it is in spinach and feta muffins.Yum!

rkcroft, Apr 28, 2:43am
I second the baking it idea.There was a great recipe in the Dish magazine last year or so for baked feta with lemon, olive oil and finely diced tomatoes.Served warm on crusty bread, it was delicious.Another nice option is a Spinach, Feta and Filo pie.Very yummy for lunch or dinner.Feta is also wonderful in savoury scones or muffins, in a couscous or pasta salad, or served mixed through with roasted veges.

justdelite, Apr 28, 10:33am
ha ha if only I was that clever. I bought some dairy as a fundraiser for a very sick woman and I ended up with 1 kg of feta as part of my winnings. I normally struggle to get through a small pack!The muffins sound yum and worth a try!

fisher, Apr 28, 11:17am
Spinach ~ Feta Filo Rolls
Ingredients:
1 cup chopped uncooked spinach..6-8 sundried tomatoes..1 red onion finely chopped..1 egg..200g feta cheese roughly chopped.
Method:
Beat the egg and add all other ingredients and mix well. Brush 3-4 sheets filo with butter.. Add mixture to the filo and roll upCook in moderate oven ( about 160c ) for 30 mins.

ruby19, Apr 28, 8:03pm
Last night I roasted some, cubed pumpkin, red onion, courgette,which was seasoned and sprinkled with ras el houte (SP)& a little chopped garlic tothe end of cooking. Then I added a little spinach and stirred through some feta, approx 100g. then wrapped all this into small filo parcels, Yum even the kids devoured them.

justdelite, Apr 27, 6:55am
There are only so many salads I can eat and I have quite a bit of it (almost 750gms) which needs to be used, Any ideas ! Thanks in advance you guys are always my saviours!

rusty002, Apr 27, 7:06am
on pizza with avocado! YUM!

rsutton11, Apr 27, 9:00am
It's great in quiche, I just cube it and add it with any quiche recipee.

justdelite, Apr 27, 9:38am
You guys are fantastic thanks so much!

geldof, Apr 27, 10:06pm
Freeze what you can't use.
perfect for cooking.

4crittersnmee, Apr 27, 10:38pm
How do you manage to get "too much", do you make your own! I love the stuff.My favourite way to have it is in spinach and feta muffins.Yum!

justdelite, Apr 28, 10:33am
ha ha if only I was that clever. I bought some dairy as a fundraiser for a very sick woman and I ended up with 1 kg of feta as part of my winnings. I normally struggle to get through a small pack!The muffins sound yum and worth a try!

fisher, Apr 28, 11:17am
Spinach ~ Feta Filo Rolls
Ingredients:
1 cup chopped uncooked spinach.6-8 sundried tomatoes.1 red onion finely chopped.1 egg.200g feta cheese roughly chopped.
Method:
Beat the egg and add all other ingredients and mix well. Brush 3-4 sheets filo with butter. Add mixture to the filo and roll up.
Cook in moderate oven ( about 160c ) for 30 mins.

bev00, Apr 28, 11:55am
Love feta cheese in pasta salad