Would you eat meat that been in freezer for almost

Page 2 / 2
chrisbarton, Apr 16, 9:31am
Sorry I have NO idea what that means!

kuaka, Apr 16, 9:44am
I have to share this with you.Years ago I was going to stay with some friends who were camping in the bush in the middle of nowhere.I had found a very large piece of beef at the bottom of the freezer and it was badly freezer burnt, so I decided to take it with me so that they could cook it and give it to their dogs.They were very pleased to receive it.Next day we had a delicious beef meal cooked on the camp fire in a dutch oven, and yep, it was the piece of beef I'd taken for the dogs.My friends reaction was "stuff the dogs, it's good meat, and we'll have it".It was fine.

korbo, Apr 16, 8:28pm
pickles, what do you mean

kiwiscrapper1, Apr 16, 10:36pm
I think she means "no" dont eat it! we buy beef fresh from the paddock - yes thats where its killed before it goes to the butcher - I still had some left from the last one we purchased and was worried but he told us it would be fine up to 2years as its fresh and delt with immediately and what we bought 1 year ago is not different than 3 months, I took out a ham bone from christmas and it had that 'freezer/fridgy smell' cooked it for soup but didnt like the look of it so waiting for hubby to go out so I can chuck it out!!! he hates waste.

sathan81, Apr 17, 12:17am
I cant eat it, just noing how long it has been in the freezer puts me off, it tastes funny to me.....yuk

beaker59, Apr 17, 12:38am
Yeah Pork in its various forms takes on that fridge taste after a long time in the freezer beef doesn't tend to maybe because it has a much lower fat content. I had a pork roast once that was nearly inedible because of it everyone else thought it was OK I couldn't eat it no one got sick though just tasted like rancid fat to me.