Raising chest freezer off the ground

spoeklet, May 11, 2:02am
I keep a chest freezer in our garage, but I am worried about flooding. We don;t usual have any, but the rain is pretty bad recently. Is it ok to put a chest freezer on top of wooden pallets, or will that affect it's function? I didn't really want to bring it inside, because we have a villa and wooden floors - I'm wondering if it will cause rot or something due to temperature change inside. I am pretty clueless. Help.

beautifulflower, May 11, 2:08am
i think most pallets are not treated so it may rot in time, however for the time being to prevent the rain from harming the engine put the freezer on pallets as it is just a tempory measure until u find a better perminent one

spoeklet, May 11, 2:19am
Thanks - it will be over winter and then it will just go back to being on the ground. I'll try and find someone who can drop the pallets off to me. :)

purplegoanna, May 11, 2:33am
plastic pallets are the BEST thing since sliced bread, we've got our dog kennels on them, they never rot and in your case wouldnt transfer electricity, most freight companys have them lying around the place...and would probably be grateful for you to take them away.

camper18, May 11, 2:46am
Concrete blocks work well

spoeklet, May 12, 2:02am
I keep a chest freezer in our garage, but I am worried about flooding. We don;t usual have any, but the rain is pretty bad recently. Is it ok to put a chest freezer on top of wooden pallets, or will that affect it's function! I didn't really want to bring it inside, because we have a villa and wooden floors - I'm wondering if it will cause rot or something due to temperature change inside. I am pretty clueless. Help.

spoeklet, May 12, 2:19am
Thanks - it will be over winter and then it will just go back to being on the ground. I'll try and find someone who can drop the pallets off to me. :)

purplegoanna, May 12, 2:33am
plastic pallets are the BEST thing since sliced bread, we've got our dog kennels on them, they never rot and in your case wouldnt transfer electricity, most freight companys have them lying around the place.and would probably be grateful for you to take them away.