Baked beans

Page 2 / 2
pickles7, Apr 16, 1:35am
yep, they are a take on that recipe.elliehen. nice as. Got to look for something else to do. I need to stop making vinegar, lol. mind you if I had to buy my vinegar I would not be making so much sauce or pickles. Nothing is as cheap to make, as it is today, that's my motto. The way prices are going.

pickles7, Apr 21, 10:09pm
My teenage Grandson loved these, nice as Nana.I tested the kids on what they could taste, they did well. Didn't get molasses, thought there was golden syrup in them. I do think it important to teach the kids these sorts of things. I was in the supermarket the other day and the checkout operator asked me, What are these! they are "cucumbers" I said in shock. "Oh really" was the reply. The person who was supervising her was not amused.

darlingmole, Apr 22, 3:04am
where should I look for navy beans pickles!

pickles7, Apr 22, 3:45am
I got my beans from an "Asian spice outlet" I won't use those next time I will look for "kidney beans". I had been looking in three shops for kidney beans. I have now found some in Bin Inn. I am going to cook the beans in my pressure cooker next time as well. Husband wasn't too good about the slow cooker going all night as we slept. I will post back here, as I make these again. Cost wise probably no cheaper than buying cans ready made, just way tastier.

pickles7, Jun 5, 11:05pm
Darn ,my son got down on the last lot of beans I made for my grandson. I think my son gets jealous, lol. I bumped this up as I am going to make another two lots.
I will put it another way. Son I made you some beans, and grandson got some too. lol.

samanya, Jun 6, 12:19am
They look awesome & as I sit here looking at 5" snow .would die for a feed of those right now.

pickles7, Jun 6, 12:23am
yes, I bet.
I hope you have your power on down there, not sounding too good for some in Christchurch.

samanya, Jun 6, 12:46am
My heart goes out to those in damaged draughty homes in the city.
I always have a bit of a laugh at those who say they love snow .OK it's very beautiful to look at or ski on but it's not so great when you have to go out in it or have a damaged house.
Still coming straight down .big flakes.

indy95, Jun 6, 1:46am
Yes they do unfortunately, but made this way they are actually worth it !

pickles7, Jun 6, 2:23am
yep, my grandson sent me something sounding just like one of those, on my cell phone, the laughter gave it away, brat lol.