Kiwifruit gold? how to freeze?

riwa2, Apr 13, 6:26am
what else can i do with excess of these? can they be used in baking etc? very new to this........ lol the nest is empty so they're not getting eaten ast enough.

riwa2, Apr 13, 7:39am
please.....

fifie, Apr 13, 9:24am
Have a look some recipes here,http://www.zespri.com/

cookiebarrel, Apr 13, 9:35am
I'm just getting into my first lot of gold kiwifruit riwa2, really love them.I use them in place of bananas in Banana cake, usually mash them up so they are similar to mashed bananas, sometimes mix them with the green.Also in muffins, jam, dehydrate them and also freeze them.Some say you can just freeze them in their skins, not something I have tried as I scoop them out of their skins or peel them, pop them into a snaplock bag and into the freezer.Can free-flow freeze them first if you want to.Also do like an apple crumble, as a pudding and in summer use the frozen ones in smoothies.Have a little booklet put out by the local gold kiwifruit folk and if I can find it will let you know what they suggest, as I do recall there was a few other interesting ideas in it.I find the gold have a sweeter, not as strong a flavour as the greens.Can't wait for the red centered ones to hit the packhouses here.