NEW YORK CHEESECAKE

slybacon69, Apr 9, 7:32am
Had a recipe for this and lost it.The one i had was out of a womans weekly havnt found it again since.Anyone help with a copy

elliehen, Apr 9, 7:54am
NIGELLA'S NEW YORK BAKED CHEESECAKE
Ingredients
250g digestive biscuit
150g butter
3 tbsps caster sugar
2 tbsps cornflour
750g soft cream cheese
6 egg yolk
2 tsps vanilla essence
150ml double cream
150ml sour cream
1 lemons, zest of
½ tsp salt
6 egg white
1 to taste icing sugar
1 to taste raspberries
1 to taste blackberries
Method
Crush the digestive biscuits to fine crumbs in a blender or food processor. Add the melted butter and sugar and mix. Press onto base of greased 24cm springform cake tin. Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.

Mix the cornflour with the sugar and beat in the cream cheese, egg yolks and vanilla essence with an electric mixer (or by hand).

Slowly pour in double cream and sour cream, beating constantly. Add the lemon zest.

Clean and dry your whisk. In another bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt to stiff peaks, then fold into the cheese mixture carefully.

Scoop cheese onto base. Bake in a 170°C oven 1 to 1½ hours without opening the oven door until golden brown on top. Turn off the heat and let the cake stand in the oven for two more hours. Open door, stand a further hour. Then chill it in the fridge.

Serve chilled, dusted with icing sugar and decorated with berries.

rainrain1, Apr 9, 7:56am
I have one but recipe too long to type out .....sorry

slybacon69, Apr 9, 8:50am
Thanks for your help.

rainrain1, Apr 9, 8:50am
But you might like to google Lindys famous Cheesecake

seniorbones, Apr 9, 9:22am
annabelle laingbein had one called baked new york cheese cake, dont think it had fruit in it - I could clean out all my recipes I have cut out to see if I could find it if you wanted me too...husband would be pleased too,then everytime I opened that cupboard they wouldnt fall out!

slybacon69, Apr 9, 10:11am
I will check out their web sites see if they are on there.If you clean out your cupboards dont throw those old recipes away.The old cut outs of mags and papers always seem the best.