What do I do with beef schintzel please?

lowey22, Mar 29, 3:07am
I was given some and dont even know what the best cooking method is, or what to put with it etc. Any ideas would be wonderful. Im a pretty simple cook so nothing real fancy lol

petal1955, Mar 29, 3:15am
Well you can cut it in piece abut the size of a saucer and flour it.dip in beaten egg then into breadcrumbs and gently pan fry.Or you can make a stuffing and put a little bit of stuffing into each piece and roll up and cook in a liquid gravy in an oven bag..thats called beef olives

suie1, Mar 29, 3:16am
It is yummy crumbed, 1, Cut into serving size pieces, dip in flour, then beaten egg with a little milk added, then into breadcrumbs (put a thick layer of breadcrumbs into a shallow dish place a piece of meat in then pour a thick layer of crumbs over the top & give it a good bash all over with your knuckles this tenderises it, turn it over and repeat the knuckle treatment). Shallow fry in oil on a med heat for 1-2mins each side or until the crumbs are a golden colour.
Stir Fry- Cut into strips & marinade in a mixture of soy sauce, ginger, garlic & brown sugar. Start by frying the meat in batches then remove from the pan once brown, leave the marinade juices behind add any vegies you have at hand carrots, Capsicum, Celery, Brocolli cauli or use frozen veg, fry them off a bit, once vegs are done to your liking return the meat to the pan to heat through, add some water or stock if need be for the sauce thicken with a little cornflour to glaze serve on rice.

wildflower, Mar 29, 3:16am
Stirfry.

lowey22, Mar 29, 3:18am
yum ok dum question number 2: do you have a recipe for stuffing?

lowey22, Mar 29, 3:20am
Thanks suie1, my husband is gonna be very greatful :-)

suie1, Mar 29, 3:22am
Can use fresh Breadcrumbs, parsley (lots) mixed herbs, onion, butter, salt & pepper. Quantities don't matter, use melted butter( enough so you can mould it into shape).

lythande1, Mar 29, 3:31am
Crumbed is Ok but boring. I crumb it sometimes, sometimes I use it in stirfry and sometimes I stuff them with various things, mostly invloving mushromms (NOT breadcrumb stuffing), and roll up into a parcel and cook. Sometimes as is with the filling or sometimes in a cassrerole dish with another yum sauce to compliment.

lowey22, Mar 29, 3:42am
We hardly ever eat crumbed meat so something a little different and also nice and easy. Thanks for the suggestions, so glad I have some ideas now.

cookessentials, Mar 29, 3:52am
I flour, egg and breadcrumb it then shallow fry until golden. i serve with garlic sauce and mashed potato and vegetables.

beaker59, Mar 29, 4:09am
For tender Shnitzel Lay the pieces on your wooden chopping board then using the back of a large knife (the one I use is straight backed and about 4mm wide) tap the meat laying down strokes side by side across meat bruise it don't cut it then turn meat over and repeat at a different angle. In a bowl beat 2 eggs with some salt (2 eggs does about 1/2Kg meat) then once meat is beaten put it in the egg massage well and leave to soak for 10min then crumb the meat (I don't use flour personally) The meat will absorb most of the egg. Fry as usual in 50/50 butter oil until golden brown don't overcook it cooks fast. This will be as tender as and nice and juicy.

petal1955, Mar 29, 4:10am
Whiz up a slices of bread(depending on how many you are feeding)in a whiz or grate on the grater if no whizz.........add a finely chopped onion.....some crushed garlic.a little melted butter and some fresh herbs..parsley,,chives..thyme.-
rosemary....and a beaten egg and mix well.

cottagerose, Mar 29, 5:18am
Its lovely sliced thinly and fried with onion in a wok(capsicums optional) and a peanut satay sauce added to it and for variation add sliced banana and coconut just before serving.
Serve with 2 minute noodles

sara134, Mar 29, 6:16am
You could do stir fry , beef stroganoff , or beef olives ( strips of beef wrapped around a small bit of sage and onion stuffing then put into a dish with some gravey mixes and cooked in the oven for 30 mins and served with potatos ) or just plain crumbed Schnitzel...

obsidianwings, Mar 29, 6:57am
I like do do a basic beef cordon bleu, just put a cheese slice and a slice of sandwich ham on one half of the schnitzel, fold over, dip in seasoned flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, then fry in butter. Goes down a treat in this house :) I usually serve with kumara gratin.

grandma, Mar 29, 9:19am
I cook mine in the slow cooker, just like a stew or casserole.Cut into strips or pieces - delicious!

bonnie66, Mar 29, 10:30am
Place slices in a muffin pan fill with stuffing, I use sage and onion you can buy it in packets, and cheese fold over tops bake in an oven about 180 till juices flow, serve with salad as little parcels

moeshelle, Mar 29, 10:38am
cut into strips and serve in pita pocket with salad ingredients, natural yoghurt and feta, yummy home made souvelakis

camper18, Mar 30, 2:59am
Cut slices into serving size then dust with flour & dip in beaten egg to which you add a good sprinkle of GARLIC Salt.Now press in STUFFING MIX breadcrumbs and leave to set for ½hr. Fry in oil & butter mix for a few mins.
You get all the stuffing flavour without the fuss.