Cordial recipes please

courtney2004, Mar 21, 1:00am
I am after a cordial recipe suitable for kids etc as well. I have to many Aldenberries and Crabapples and wanting a recipe to make a drink from them that I can add to a jug of water. Recipe must keep well. Many thanks in advance.

sit1, Mar 21, 9:12am
I think there are some codial recipes in the "DOllars & Sense cookbook" from Alison Holst, maybe try your local library or on her for a copy?

coreblimey, Mar 21, 10:10am
I have made this one loads of times from the Down to earth blog.Made with any different type of fruit, I have used lemon, orange, tangelo, grapefruit (YUM) and a combo of all of the above.I am thinking I would like to try replacing some of the sugar with manuka honey - should be nice and a bit healthier.Add a couple of teaspoons of tartaric acid to make it keep a bit longer.

ORANGE CORDIAL - you can use this recipes for many types of fruit
8 oranges or about 1 litre of any other fruit juice - either juiced or squashed.
Finely grated zest of two oranges.
Sugar syrup, 1 litre water to 1 kilo sugar - sugar syrup is always equal quantities of sugar to water - boiled until the sugar has dissolved.

sit1, Mar 22, 9:12am
I think there are some codial recipes in the "DOllars & Sense cookbook" from Alison Holst, maybe try your local library or on her for a copy!