Recipes using dip?

carlos57, Mar 7, 12:20am
Hi. This may seem like a strange question, but following my husband's 40th birthday celebration, we have lots of dip left over. Any clever ways for using it that don't involve me consuming far too many chippies/crackers/vege sticks over the next few days? TIA

petal1955, Mar 7, 12:34am
If its a reduced cream dip... could add to mashed potatoes or a scalloped potatoes dish.

carlos57, Mar 7, 12:39am
Oooh, that sounds good :) Thanks

carlos57, Mar 7, 6:28am
Thanks for the suggesion petal. We really enjoyed our sour cream and chives flavoured mashed potato :) Let's hope we're not sick of it by the end of the week... Still have some onion flavoured dip too.

lizab, Mar 7, 6:43am
you could use it in lasagna or some kind of tortilla stack kind of dish - would make them both extra tasty :)

herself, Mar 7, 6:44am
If you make wraps for lunches the dip is lovely spread on the wrap and then all your salad and meat preferences on top.We love it when there is dip left over from the weekend entertaining.:)

carlos57, Mar 7, 7:08am
Whoops, left the 't' out of my suggestion! Thanks for the other ideas - still plenty of dip to use :)

carlos57, Mar 8, 12:20am
Hi. This may seem like a strange question, but following my husband's 40th birthday celebration, we have lots of dip left over. Any clever ways for using it that don't involve me consuming far too many chippies/crackers/vege sticks over the next few days! TIA

petal1955, Mar 8, 12:34am
If its a reduced cream dip. could add to mashed potatoes or a scalloped potatoes dish.

carlos57, Mar 8, 1:34am
lizab, would you use the dip as well as, or instead of cheese sauce in lasagne? Thinking of making it tomorrow :)

lizab, Mar 8, 2:00am
I'd mix all your dips together and use it instead of the cheese sauce - my husband will eat anything ;) Maybe sprinkle some grated cheese on top of the dip before your next pasta layer to make it cheesier if you like it that way :)

coniproducts, Mar 8, 2:03am
With the onion dip, add grated cheese to it then spread on bread and roll up.Can be frozen as is then grilled later on.

carlos57, Mar 8, 2:59am
Thanks so much :)

duddles, Mar 8, 5:56am
Make cheese rolls. Grated cheese, dip, mustard powder into the food processor and pulse with boiling water out of the jug till spreadable.Yummy!

carlos57, Mar 8, 6:09am
OK, now you're making me wish I had even more dip!

southerngurl, Mar 8, 6:11am
I use it as a mayo on sammies, or add a little water to thin it out and use it as a dressing on a salad

carlos57, Mar 8, 6:28am
Thanks for the suggesion petal. We really enjoyed our sour cream and chives flavoured mashed potato :) Let's hope we're not sick of it by the end of the week. Still have some onion flavoured dip too.

carlos57, Mar 8, 7:08am
Whoops, left the 't' out of my suggestion! Thanks for the other ideas - still plenty of dip to use :)

jewlz, Mar 8, 9:56am
If its onlon dip ad a tin of cream corn, chopped bacon, tomato, cheese, what ever else you like and use as a yummy filling for bread cases. Delish!

carlos57, Mar 9, 1:34am
lizab, would you use the dip as well as, or instead of cheese sauce in lasagne! Thinking of making it tomorrow :)

lizab, Mar 9, 2:00am
I'd mix all your dips together and use it instead of the cheese sauce - my husband will eat anything ;) Maybe sprinkle some grated cheese on top of the dip before your next pasta layer to make it cheesier if you like it that way :)

carlos57, Mar 9, 6:09am
OK, now you're making me wish I had even more dip!