"Cheap" tinned baked beans?

petal1955, Aug 28, 12:25am
Which is the best?? Home Brand from Countdown/Woolworths or "Budget" from the Pak N Save

motorbo, Aug 28, 1:10am
i havent tried budget but homebrand was on target and they rated it well, i like it cos its wheat free and very close in flavour to watties

cap, Aug 28, 3:21am
I have always been a Watties girl but tried Homebrand and it's all I buy now.I find them a lot nicer and also prefer the Homebrand spaghetti to Watties.

cybertech, Aug 28, 4:51am
we like the budget baked beans or the oak brand, we find the watties brand tastes floury, and budget is alot cheaper for the same thing, thats just my opinion anyway

katje, Mar 4, 4:54am
I like being loyal to watties but the money is going to heinz in america and I think budget or homebrand ARE kiwi owned aren't they?

motorbo, Mar 4, 5:09am
dont know katje, but its nice an cheap as

logangeorge, Mar 4, 5:10am
Go homebrand, you wont be dissapointed. Just look cheap in your pantry

gta3, Mar 4, 8:24am
Yip homebrand, budget is wishy washy and real pale coloured sauce.

aktow, Mar 4, 2:45pm
i have bought the cheapest brand and dearest brand of baked beans andthe quality today is crap.they all seem to be runny and more sauce than beans.. i thicken them up with cornflour and add a little sugar and tomato paste or tomato sauce to the beans, then i add chopped parsley and sliced hamwith saute onions .

nfh1, Mar 4, 8:19pm
They are all so sweet and the 'Sugar Free' ones are full of sweeteners.

corgi731, Mar 4, 8:31pm
My man likes Oak if i was buying cheap otherwise watties for sure, i hate BB

white_elephant, Mar 5, 1:36am
I understand the SA stopped buying cheap BBs for their food parcels because they are full of salt. I was told this by a Salvation Army officer.

katje, Mar 5, 4:54am
I like being loyal to watties but the money is going to heinz in america and I think budget or homebrand ARE kiwi owned aren't they!

aktow, Mar 5, 2:45pm
i have bought the cheapest brand and dearest brand of baked beans andthe quality today is crap.they all seem to be runny and more sauce than beans. i thicken them up with cornflour and add a little sugar and tomato paste or tomato sauce to the beans, then i add chopped parsley and sliced hamwith saute onions .

nfh1, Mar 5, 8:19pm
They are all so sweet and the 'Sugar Free' ones are full of sweeteners.

petal1955, Aug 29, 12:25am
Which is the best! Home Brand from Countdown/Woolworths or "Budget" from the Pak N Save

cap, Aug 29, 3:21am
I have always been a Watties girl but tried Homebrand and it's all I buy now.I find them a lot nicer and also prefer the Homebrand spaghetti to Watties.