Abundance of green and yellow runner beans

carla8, Jan 30, 3:32am
Hi there just wondering if anyone has any good ways of preservingrunner beans or good recipes to use them up - I have an abundance and we can't keep up with them!I have frozen some but would like any other ideas on what to do with them too!I hate to waste them!
Thanks

seniorbones, Jan 30, 3:49am
We eat them most nights and I'm not keen on frozen beans so have been giving them away!

lulu239, Jan 30, 4:39am
I have mixed my green and yellow beans together when freezing and they look so nice.

mkbooks, Jan 31, 3:18am
We just wash + dry the beans-then slice + free flow-just like fresh

clsnz, Jan 31, 9:05am
I have a recipe for green bean pickle if you are interested.I have never made it before but spotted it while looking for another recipe.

beaker59, Jan 31, 9:10am
Thats the great thing about runner beans they taste just as good after freezing as fresh. I prepare mine for eating just like normal then blanche by dipping in boiling water for a minute then into cold water bag and freeze when you eat them just drop into water and boil like normal they are great nothing like that rubbish they try and sell in the supermarket frozen foods section.

Dwarf beans freeze well to but I tend to eat those fresh and freeze the scarlet runners.

elliehen, Mar 13, 4:48pm
Have grown another delicious bean this year in addition to my old faithful Scarlet Runner.It's 'Blue Lake' - a variety popular in the USA.