I should be baking but, sugar soap.....

lx4000, Jan 3, 5:31am
with disinfectant and water is in me mitts in a spray bottle and I'm cleaning the walls with the help of a nail brush, face cloth, mop and buckets (1 with same mix and 1 with water to clean the mop after each wipe down). The bestest thing is they are high ceilings!! and its good to see them clean:)

How do you tackle this job and with what and how often?

paghan, Jan 3, 8:32am
When you have finished best you pop over to my house and do mine, just so you can prove just how clean you can get them...lol

:)

uli, Jan 3, 8:46am
Not quite sure what are you trying to say here barloo? - You want to bake but ...???? What?

" ... I should be baking but, sugar soap with disinfectant and water is in me mitts in a spray bottle and I'm cleaning the walls with the help of a nail brush, face cloth, mop and buckets (1 with same mix and 1 with water to clean the mop after each wipe down). The bestest thing is they are high ceilings!! and its good to see them clean:) ..."

lindylambchops1, Jan 3, 8:51am
In this heat!Are you crazy or what?

lx4000, Jan 3, 8:53am
uli, I wish I was baking as have things I want to bake, but sadly spring cleaning is what needs doing first! But glad I have a solid wood table to stand on so I'm a bit closer to those high ceilings!!

I should be making "bitter balls", a dutch finger food. They are bit size meatballs. mmMMmm 1 and 1/2 kg of mince to crumb 3 times each!! hehehehe Once made, they can be frozen down for when needed, so worth making them:)

lx4000, Jan 3, 9:03am
lindylambchops1, with the windows and doors open, it wasn't too hot:)

(barloo)

floralsun, Jan 4, 3:36am
An easy way to clean ceilings?

Use a squeegee type floor mop with a clean sponge fitted - mix vinegar and water in a bucket, wet the sponge with that mix.

Reach up with the mop to use the ends of it to clean around the scotia's.

Then walk across your room, reaching up with the sponge mop against the ceiling surface, doing a strip at a time, rinsing the mop regularly.

A tip to make it even easier- fill a kettle with cold water, place it on the floor or a table in the middle of the room. Shut all doors and windows in the room. Turn the kettle on, and let it boil as long as it can - so the steam will rise and soften any marks on the ceiling. The, without opening any door or window,use the sponge mop as above.
Once finished, open all doors and windows to air the room.

lx4000, Jan 4, 3:57am
floralsun

I wish!! I have high ceilings!!

hehehe might hire scaffolding and do it on my back with swimming goggles on! hahahaha

(barloo)

elliehen, Jan 4, 4:42am
...and pretend you are Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel ;)

lx4000, Jan 4, 4:50am
pre-school painting awards! yip, I'm that bad!! But cooking is different!!

hahahahahaha

(barloo)

But I Love semi-gloss paint!! makes cleaning the walls soooo much easier!!

uli, Jan 4, 6:22am
I think you'd be much better off doing those meatballs ...

jag5, Jan 4, 8:01pm
Spring cleaning!!!!!......but it is summer.Leave it until next spring...it will be cooler LOL

lx4000, Jan 4, 9:10pm
uliwe did the bitter balls last night! Was much fun when ya have ya man with you dunking and crumbing balls!! we were in fits of laughter!! More so me being veggie and he's dutch and they its a dutch recipe!! So we had fun with 1 1/2 kg dutch balls last night!!!!!

(barloo)

uli, Jan 3, 5:01pm
The mind boggles at the "Dutch balls" ... :)