No Teeth - Anyone have any recipes please.

nthwest, Nov 15, 9:01pm
I just thought I would stick a thread here as one of our family members recently had all teeth removed - and is awaiting false teeth to be made, even eating soft bread is an issue, actually it seems that all food is currently an issue and she is fed up with soup, mashed up things and yoghurt.Any ideas from anyone please.

lizab, Nov 15, 9:13pm
unfortunately until she gets her teeth, there's not much she can eat apart from soup, mashed up things and yogurt - poor thing!! When my son had his braces fitted, I noticed that he 'chewed' things with his tongue!! Even sausages he's rub up into the roof of his mouth and then swallow!!! Spaghetti was a good one - he just swallowed it whole!!

Be careful your friend doesn't offer you a bag of peanuts ... she may have sucked the chocolate off them ;)

nthwest, Nov 15, 9:19pm
LOL, I think she is desperate enough to do that to peanuts!It's not good, it has now been 6 weeks and the latest is that the dentist says approx another 5 weeks, ridiculous!!!!This is for fitting, making moulds, sizing, colouring, gum shrinkage and then a few alterations on top of that so that they fit correctly.I hope it is before Christmas, I hate eating anything near her as I feel sorry for her.She won't eat pasta at all and is losing weight - not she had any to really lose to start with.

fifie, Nov 15, 10:01pm
Milk puddings and stewed fruit, vegs and some meats cooked then pureed with the blender plenty of seasoning or use fresh herbs for extra taste. Stewed tomatoesjuice slightly thickened and slop a piece of bread or toast in it. Poached eggs on spaghetti.

erewhon04, Nov 16, 1:21am
Combo of mashed potato and kumara, covered in gravy?I'd wolf that up any day!!!

tims04, Aug 10, 6:44pm
I bumped into someone in the supermarket the other day buying a selection of baby food.They told me it was for an adult with teeth problems.Worth a try?