Recipes and hints for making naan

writy, Sep 25, 11:41am
bread please. have googled different recipes, they all work to an extent but i can;t seem to get them to work out the way professional fellas make them, or the spungy ones you buy from the supermarket.

sossie1, Sep 25, 11:44am
hi, i don't know whether you can, as they are cooked in a special oven and cooked really fast on a high heat.

but i could be wrong

juliewn, Sep 25, 2:06pm
Hi..

If you type Naan into the search bar to the left, and change the 'last 24 hours' to 'anytime' by clicking on the down arrow, then search,there are a number of threads here that might be of help.. have been checking them out too, so thanks for reminding me to.. :-)

angie461, Sep 25, 9:44pm
2 1/2 c flour t sugar t salt t dried yeast t thyme t sesame seeds 3/4 c warm water 1/4 c yoghurt tsp olive oil.I use breadmaker to make dough but you can combine ingredients and make a well in centre add warm water and yoghurt (room temp) oil, make a raggy dough if too dry add a little more water. Turn onto lightly floured board knead until soft and pliable, leave in a warm draught free place for 20 min. Cut off peices about handful size, roll into round oval shape brush with oil put into dry hot pan and turn after 1-2 minutes. This bread is delicious we all love it here.

nanasee1, Apr 16, 5:47pm
This is the one I use all the time - it is great on the bbq hot plate with the hood down. If using the oven watch it carefully it can puff up really high & catch on the grill.

Naan Bread – makes 6

¾ cup milk
2 teas active yeast
1 teas sugar
3 cups flour
1 teas salt
1 egg
¼ cup unsweetened natural yoghurt
2 Tab oil

Heat the milk until just lukewarm.Sprinkle the yeast and sugar over.Leave for 15 minutes or until the mixture is frothy.
Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.Beat egg, yoghurt and oil together.
Make a well in the dry ingredients; add the yeast mixture and the yoghurt mixture.Combine well.

Turn the dough onto a board and knead for 10 minutes.Place dough into a greased bowl and turn over once.

Cover bowl and leave in a warm place for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.Turn out and knead for two or three minutes.

Cut dough into six even sized pieces.Roll each piece out into a 25 cm piece and form into a tear shape.

Cook under a hot grill for 50 seconds to one minute each side.

Continue with remaining pieces.