Scallop recipes

kam04, Sep 17, 3:27am
Howdy, got some nice fresh scallops and want some nice recipe ideas. Could do them the usual way in batter but thought would be nice to try something else with them, taa.

chef1964, Sep 17, 3:33am
heat a pan (very hot0with just a tiny amount of oil (i personally use rice bran oil for almost everything these days)
fry the scallopsfora short while add some freshlyfnelydiced shallots (or red onion if yu cant get shallots) some frsh fennel or dill and then a slash of pernod if you have some (white wine will suffice if you havent got pernod) , add some cream if you like things creamy then enjoy

mrgts4, Sep 17, 3:57am
no need for a recipie. lock doors, pan fry in a little butter and garlic, put on plate, savour them then let unlock the doors and let everyone in. Can you tell I love scallops.

samsara11, Sep 17, 9:04pm
I toss them in oil and ginger and saute at high heat, add lemon juice and a little cream and simmer gently until cooked - alternatively with ginger, lemon juice and lemongrass.Simple is best as they have a subtle flavour that can be easily overpowered.p.s. take mrgts4's advice and lock the doors until consumed

beaker59, Sep 17, 9:48pm
I've never done them in Batter like most people its dust in flour or breadcrumbs and them fast fry not over cooking and serve with a simple salad. They should be only just cooked but slightly browned on the outside. I sometimes add crushed garlic to the butter before frying but the ginger sounds good too.

kam04, Apr 1, 8:50am
Thanks for the suggestions.
The first night we lightly pan fried them, made a nice creamy morney sauce flavoured with a little lemon juice, lemon pepper, garlic and chives, all sitting on a bed of rice, yum.
The second night we added them to a stirfry on a bed of noodles, again very yummy.