Whirlpool Crisp N Grill Microwave recipes

Page 2 / 2
guest, Jun 21, 10:46am
Hi Everyone I totally agree with everyone, FRUSTRATION! I was given one for xmax 2010 but the pathetic bits of infomation they include are hopeless. I too, rang Whirlpool Aus they promised me a full book as well but of course it never arrived. I downloaded the manual but totally agree with one of you I couldnt get my head around it either. The MW sat in my office for 14 months not used. This was until I was told by someone on internet about the fabulous Joy Peel cook book. (She is a NZr I am not sure if everyone knows that and she demonstrates them). From the moment I bought the book I was away It was like I had seen the Light ha ha. From Kaye Dunedin

guest, Jul 6, 1:49am
I bought one on the Gold Coast (Qld), they gave me a basic printed set of recipes at the store, but I also can go to a free cooking class, have booked to go on the 13th.July, will let you know how it all goes.

guest-_mrs_waggy, Jul 10, 10:28am
Hi What function do you use to cook cakes and for how long?
I have just moved into a villa and the stove doesn't work so the crisp and grill is all I have.
All the posts have been very helpful, thank you

wendy, Jul 14, 9:23am
x1
Just checking
I have just bought my new whirlpool.. do you just heat the grill pan for 3 minutes on its own? I find the instructions sketchy
Please post reply on site Thanks : )

peter, Jul 28, 10:59am
We have our whirlpool for less than a year and not a day goes past without us using it. We usually buy extra bananas and make 4-5 banana and then freeze them and take out when we need them. The cakes only take a bout 7 -8 monutes but then that depends on the size you are making of course.We did 3 Xmas meats in it on Xmas day for the family and boy did it save a lot of time and the meat was juicy.Frozen pies are done in 5- 6 minutes from freezer, pork chops we pre-heat for 3 minutes then usually 5 minutes average to cook depending on how you like it of course. This would be the best purchase we have ever made and there is usually baking done here now once a week cos it is so damn fast and convenient. The only down side is the follow up service as I rung the call centre about something and it went to the Philipines and still 2 months later have not heard anything but the product itself is awesome. Yes we have a Joy Peel cookbook and found it helpful and were lucky enough to meet her and her husband at a instore demo and they showed us heaps.

guest, Aug 6, 8:55pm
Buy Joy Peel;s book, it is great and I am no cook. Cooks great choc chip biscuits in 31/2 mins, and don't have to watch them like the oven, just don't put one in the centre. Banana cake in silicon tin 7 mins, and I just used my normal cakes and biscuit receipes. And I'm not a cook, don't like cooking but have enjoyed microwave as it so easy. Roast veges on Crisp tray brilliant. I have a roast pork out tonight and just trying to decide whether to give it a go, and if I could use an oven bag to prevent splattering of fat.

louise_-_christc, Aug 7, 2:37am
We have also bought a Whirlpool from Harvey Nomans in Christchurch. We dont know how to use it, totally agree with everyone when they say the instructions are hopeless to say the least. What is the point of having all the functions when nothing is explained. As of today, think it was a complete waste of money but will try and get my hands on the Joy Peel cookbook. If cant get the book its either going to be a microwave or goes back in the box.

joy, Sep 26, 3:15am
x3
Hi Ladies. I am Joy Peel wanting to agree with you all re the instructions and user guide of this wonderful, amazing crisp n grill machine. I have been cooking baking roasting etc in mine for 12 odd years and it was't long after the start that I realised a recipe book was necessary.
The book has proved to be very helpful and if you would like to purchase a book our email is bradfordway@ihug.co.nz. We would love to hear from you if you need any help.

guest, Nov 24, 8:51am
I want a joy peel cook book, any one know how I can get one.Ive only just got mine and I love it but not sure on times etc.the booklet they give you with it is useless my email is toobootz@slingshot.co.nz thanks Jan

myrosecat, Jan 8, 1:07am
Hi just wondering whether I can use metal cake tins using th crisp function or do I have to use silicone?

guest, Apr 11, 10:39pm
x1
I am on my second Whirpool combi and shocked to find they still dont listen to the consumers about the user manual (pathetic) amount of instructions. Also NO preheat function (fan bake) on the JT369 SHAME as that was the best feature on my old one.I have just got the crisp cake plate but can find no recipes :-(

guest, May 1, 10:13pm
so how about we start a website/wiki with recipes for the crisp/steam/etc functions of these wonderful machines? Anyone interested?

guest, Aug 26, 2:53am
Whirlpool have recently put out a nicely organized cook book for the Crisp n Grill microwave which is free to download. It includes lots of information on how to use your Crisp n Grill microwave as well as lots of recipes that don't cost a lot to make. In the Google Search type: whirlpool crisp n grill recipes.

guest, Aug 26, 3:59am
x1
The following link should take you to the list of crisp n grill microwave recipes by Whirlpool

http://www.whirlpool.co.nz/support/instructions-for-use-ifu/microwaves/free-standing

ravin, Aug 31, 12:17am
I have the free copy of the Crisp n Grill cookbook. It's fantastic! There's even a section on how to adapt your own recipes. There are several ways to get it but this works for me: In the Google Search type: Whirlpool (I FU) - Australia then click on INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE (I FU) Australia.
In the left hand list click "microwaves" then then "Free Standing". Find the Cookbook that relates to your microwave and click to download. Be sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader as this is a PDF file.

kim, Feb 6, 2:06pm
x2
Hi All,
Just purchased the JT369 today to use while we renovate our kitchen (yeeha finally!!)
I am a complete novice so finding this site was a nice surprise.
We tested heating 2 frozen meat pies. I sort of followed the tips in an earlier post on here, Thanx :-)
This is what I did....
Pre-heated crisp tray for 2 mins
Placed pies upside down on tray and heated with crisp function for 3 minutes. Then turned pies right way up and heated for a further 3.5 mins. (was worried I might over cook so little steps).
When we tested, pies were still frozen in the centre.
So then we placed pies upside down again and heated on crisp for a further 3 mins, then turned right way up for a further 2 mins.
This worked okay, although probably could have had another min or two?? They were warm enough to eat comfortably although a little unevenly heated through?
Does anyone know if these times sound close to correct? I have nothing to guage times on yet and hope that my Chef is heating at correct temp
Or did I do something wrong?? :-)

i_love_my_whirlp, Feb 6, 11:38pm
x1
Hi All,

Just to let you know the Facebook page "I Love My Whirlpool Crisp and Grill Microwave" is now up and running. Lot of helpful hints, recipes and a place to ask questions of the experts. Just click the link below and like the page :-)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Love-My-Whirlpool-Crisp-Grill-Microwave/289925554376153

Also the Whirlpool Crisp and Grill Microwave Cookbook is now available on E-bay.

Oven results in Microwave time. The amazing Whirlpool microwave can crisp, grill and fry and there is now a recipe book available to help you create wonderful meals, cakes, deserts and so much more. There are over 100 recipes, full colour with pictures and gloss pages. A must have for anyone that owns a Whirlpool Crisp and Grill Microwave. Written by Angela Gurrin who has worked with Whirlpool for over 20 years and runs cooking classes for the microwave.

Just click the link below:

http://my.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextSold&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESOX

guest, Feb 14, 12:22am
x1
http://www.whirlpool.com.au/products/microwaves/microwave/crisp-n-grill-convection-fan-forced-30l-microwave-jt369wh

Download files

2 x cookbooks,1 instruction & 1 quick reference guide

guest, Jan 11, 10:02am
Going to put this arictle to good use now.

guest, Jan 13, 1:49pm
So this is my narrative essay pls feel free to make/add chengas correct any gramatical mistakes or rearrange sentences if you feel its not gramatically correct.Thanks a lot.My First apartmentI still remember the time when i got my first apartment.The joy and the excitement of buying something on your own was impeccable.I was 20 years old and after living with my parents for two years i finally decided to get my own apartment.Moving proved to be a little difficult then i expected but in the end everything worked out well.Moreover it Perfectly factored into my monthly budget of $600.The apartment was Located in russellville,arkansas.It was situated on the edge of the 5th denver street.The neighborhood seemed safe,clean and peacefull.It was about half a mile from my college,arkansas tech which meant that most of the people in the neighborhood were either students or faculties from college.The old-bricked apartment looked like a perfect place for me to live in.It light brown in color and had some shades black too.The entrance door was located on the front left side of the building.There was a small garden in the front and parking space for about 10 cars on the back.The garden was neatly mowed and a small brick pathway was made in the middle which led to the entrance door.I parked my car at the back and got my stuff out from the trunk.There were four other cars parked in the parking lot.All i had brought with me was clothes and some food,i decided to buy other utilities later on after i got settled.Unfortunately the back side of the apartment didnt have any entrance.The only entrance was at the front.I went to the front to enter my newly rented apartment.I saw few shrubs planted touching the front wall next to the door.They looked good,I entered the building.There were two houses on the first floor and two on the second,Mine was number three on the second floor. I noticed four mailboxes hanging on the wall next to the door.Each mailbox had a sticker on it with the apartment number and owner's name.The front stairs led me to the second floor.I opened the door with the key which the owner gave me a couple of days ago.I smelled a scent of rose and vanilla as i opened the door.The owner had sprayed air freshner in the whole house to make it smell good.The house looked new in contrast to the buildings exterior look.I was standing in the living room.The wall had light yellow color which perfectly matched with the light lamp that was placed at the corner of the room.The room was The floor had brown carpet which was soft and clean.There was a fan with four light bulbs placed under it at the center of the room.The air condition ventillator were place in the upper wall at all four ends of the room.I went further into the house,The kitchen was connected to the living area but it had brick floor unlike carpet floor in living room.A small smoke alarm was placed above the fridge.I opened the fridge to look if anything was in there,it was empty.The food counter had a microwave,electric gas stove,oven and a small fan for absorbing smoke.The wash basin was on the other side of the wall which was adjacent to the food counter.Food shelves for putting vessels and other utilities were placed above the gas stove and under the wash basin.There were three shelves over fridge for putting snacks.There was a small hall between the living area and kitchen area which led to the bedroom. The bedroom floor was made of carpet which stretched from living area.It was a king size bed room and had a closet big enough to fit all my clothes with ease in it.Similar to the living room it had four air condition ventillators on the four ends of the room.On the opposite wall to the door,there was a small window.I could see my parking area from there,Ah nothing special!Just opposite to my Bedroom was the bathroom.It had wooden flooring with a marble wash basin and a small shelve above it.The bathing tub was made of marble and had a white curtain attached to it.The tub had small rectangular blocks carved in it which could be used for putting soap,shampoo or other bathing stuff.Finally i got my clothes and food arranged and went out to do some shopping.I will always remember that memorable day.Even today i get a feeling of joy and self accomplishment when i think about that day when i moved in to my first apartment.

guest, Jan 14, 9:59am
curry not knowing I am fiwollong your recipe to the tee! heheheSamantha on said:Hey, just caught the show on today and the prawn curry sounds fantastic, will definately try it out.John Handford on said:Honestly I come across your cooking program by accident. But boy I was pleasantly surprise of the simplicity and yet with great exciting results. And best of all, the products used aren't funny ingredients that only certain stores have, but easily available even in the FREESTATE!!! ThanXXXNicola on said:Spanish style chicken & Messy Chocolate CakeYusuf on said:Hi yudhika. watched your show today. Enjoyed you making chicken curry with lentels. Looked mouthwatering and awsome will definetly try it.Fazila.suraya singh on said:I must say your yoghurt and honey sponge,being simple was a hit for me.my family and I don't like rich cakes so we stick to cupcakes everywek ,and I'm tired,I tryd ur sponge and my son loved the strawberries wid da cake,amazing!it show simple can be quite exotic,thanx for a change in my amateur baking yuthikathagraj on said:Your shows great it shows true indian cuisineTasneem on said:Hey, the chicken curry and lentils YUMMY!!I even tried your messy chocolate cake and it was messy yet DIVINE!Radeshni on said:Must try the red velvet cake looks deliciousJay Bhoora on said:DearYudhikaThe kitchen was once a female domain, in changing times this is no longer more men are involving themselves in this female domain, I am one of them, resently i baked your red velvet cake for a kiddies party, people could not believe it was baked by me, thanks to you for your simple easy flop proof receipe.Sivie on said:THE PRAWN BUTTER RECIPE LOOKED SO DELECTABLEMelissa on said:mmmm just love the Moroccan Chermula Calamari and the Tamarind Fish recipe .Its absolutely divine . I tried it at home and i must say .it was the best !!!!Sandra on said:Entertertaining at home is now easy.thank u on said:watched you making chicken and lentils was very easy, hope to cook it soon as it seemed very easy to make, i am sure the curry will be divine.Volaine on said:Yummie!the eggless chocolate brownies are to die for!!!!! I cant get enough of it.Dhesh on said:love the Yogurt and Honey Sponge yum without the guilt reshmi dewa on said:the red velvet cake recipe was such a hit with my family and friends..made it for my sons birthday>> on said:Red velvet cake just yummy!Susie Bowen on said:Yudhika darling, I have met you on numerous occasions and I think you are the best ingredient in all your cooking. I have tried almost all the recipes in your book and each one seems better than the last I do not think I could even choose a favorite' one they are ALL yummy to me besides the fact that my husbands mood changes for the best after partaking in one of your glorious spicy dishes!! on said:Hello Susie .thanks for the message and delighted that you have tried out the recipes. I also have too many favourite favourites so its difficult for me to chose one! Spicy dishes cheer me up too .but I am sure that you a part of the recipe to changing his mood!!!claudia mclean on said:Thai Prawn Curry my all time favourite. Red velvet cake next.Iris Kinnear on said:Hi, saw your Sugar & Spice show on the home channel on DSTV on Sunday for the first time and taped it. Will definitely be fiwollong you on Saffron TV you make cooking quick and easy as we all tend to overcook our food!Regards,Iris Kinnear on said:Hello Iris So pleased that you caught the show! Yes, we do tend to overcook our food which just ruins the flavour. I look forward to hearing about your curry cooking adventures!vsgouvender@gmail.com on said:

olddog131, Feb 18, 4:26am
Hardly use mine as a microwave. Sold the oven and only use the crisp n grill. Brilliant