Whirlpool Crisp N Grill Microwave recipes Page 2 out of 3

can't find the Joy Peel book - anyone know where to find one?
The ""info"" you receive with this product is woefully inadequate reducing it to little more than an average microwave as all the you beaut features that sold me on it are a total mystery to me.

A call to Whirlpool was put through to the dreaded OS call centre who promised more info - if they have more info why don't they include it when you purchase it??

At this stage I really regret buying it.

Chef_sue_q, May 29, 2012, 4:10 pm

I'm ordering a different model today (JT369) because it seems to be the only convection/microwave which didn't get a stack of negative comments. (The VT266 is too small for me).

I ordered the Joy Peel book last night and it is already in transit - ordered it here:

http://www.publishme.co.nz/shop/whirlpoolcrispngrillmicrowaverecipes-p-413.html

Postage was NZ$10 to Australia and all up there was change out of AUS$30.

Hopefully it wont be too difficult to modify the recipes for the JT369 which is 1000W.

Chef_guest, May 31, 2012, 2:50 pm

I absolutely love my whirlpool crisp function. Use it all the time for roasts (for 2 or 3 people) and they are better than when done traditionally. Also does great tarts, goat cheese, zucchcini, pizza style, whatever.
But has anyone out their been using silicone ware in it.? I'm a bit nervous as need to use crisp function for most of what I do (muffins for example). Love to know. Our oven is a terrifying commercial and old gas oven so our whirlpool is the best investment ever.

Chef_helen, Jun 4, 2012, 4:07 am

Just got my Crisp & Grill. Cooked a frozen pie. Many people say how good it is but no one actually said what to do.
Here is what I did.
1. Heat Plate with crisp for 2 mins
2. Put Frozen Pie top down on plate and crisp for 2 minutes.
3. Turn Pie over so top is now facing top and crisp for a further 2 minutes.

THE BEST Cooked pie I have ever had! The pastry was crisp all around and the pie inside was just at the right temperature. no more soggy pies for me

Chef_guest, Jun 20, 2012, 6:41 pm

I have baked a carrot cake using the silicon pan - seemed to go well.

Chef_chef_jack, Jun 20, 2012, 6:43 pm

Hi Everyone I totally agree with everyone, FRUSTRATION! I was given one for xmax 2010 but the pathetic bits of infomation they include are hopeless. I too, rang Whirlpool Aus they promised me a full book as well but of course it never arrived. I downloaded the manual but totally agree with one of you I couldnt get my head around it either. The MW sat in my office for 14 months not used. This was until I was told by someone on internet about the fabulous Joy Peel cook book. (She is a NZr I am not sure if everyone knows that and she demonstrates them). From the moment I bought the book I was away It was like I had seen the Light ha ha. From Kaye Dunedin

Chef_guest, Jun 21, 2012, 10:46 pm

I bought one on the Gold Coast (Qld), they gave me a basic printed set of recipes at the store, but I also can go to a free cooking class, have booked to go on the 13th.July, will let you know how it all goes.

Chef_guest, Jul 6, 2012, 1:49 pm

Hi What function do you use to cook cakes and for how long?
I have just moved into a villa and the stove doesn't work so the crisp and grill is all I have.
All the posts have been very helpful, thank you

Chef_guest-_mrs_waggy, Jul 10, 2012, 10:28 pm

Just checking
I have just bought my new whirlpool.. do you just heat the grill pan for 3 minutes on its own? I find the instructions sketchy
Please post reply on site Thanks : )

Chef_wendy, Jul 14, 2012, 9:23 pm
+1

We have our whirlpool for less than a year and not a day goes past without us using it. We usually buy extra bananas and make 4-5 banana and then freeze them and take out when we need them. The cakes only take a bout 7 -8 monutes but then that depends on the size you are making of course.We did 3 Xmas meats in it on Xmas day for the family and boy did it save a lot of time and the meat was juicy.Frozen pies are done in 5- 6 minutes from freezer, pork chops we pre-heat for 3 minutes then usually 5 minutes average to cook depending on how you like it of course. This would be the best purchase we have ever made and there is usually baking done here now once a week cos it is so damn fast and convenient. The only down side is the follow up service as I rung the call centre about something and it went to the Philipines and still 2 months later have not heard anything but the product itself is awesome. Yes we have a Joy Peel cookbook and found it helpful and were lucky enough to meet her and her husband at a instore demo and they showed us heaps.

Chef_peter, Jul 28, 2012, 10:59 pm

Buy Joy Peel;s book, it is great and I am no cook. Cooks great choc chip biscuits in 31/2 mins, and don't have to watch them like the oven, just don't put one in the centre. Banana cake in silicon tin 7 mins, and I just used my normal cakes and biscuit receipes. And I'm not a cook, don't like cooking but have enjoyed microwave as it so easy. Roast veges on Crisp tray brilliant. I have a roast pork out tonight and just trying to decide whether to give it a go, and if I could use an oven bag to prevent splattering of fat.

Chef_guest, Aug 7, 2012, 8:55 am

We have also bought a Whirlpool from Harvey Nomans in Christchurch. We dont know how to use it, totally agree with everyone when they say the instructions are hopeless to say the least. What is the point of having all the functions when nothing is explained. As of today, think it was a complete waste of money but will try and get my hands on the Joy Peel cookbook. If cant get the book its either going to be a microwave or goes back in the box.

Chef_louise_-_christc, Aug 7, 2012, 2:37 pm

Hi Ladies. I am Joy Peel wanting to agree with you all re the instructions and user guide of this wonderful, amazing crisp n grill machine. I have been cooking baking roasting etc in mine for 12 odd years and it was't long after the start that I realised a recipe book was necessary.
The book has proved to be very helpful and if you would like to purchase a book our email is bradfordway@ihug.co.nz. We would love to hear from you if you need any help.

Chef_joy, Sep 26, 2012, 3:15 pm
+1

I want a joy peel cook book, any one know how I can get one.Ive only just got mine and I love it but not sure on times etc.the booklet they give you with it is useless my email is toobootz@slingshot.co.nz thanks Jan

Chef_guest, Nov 24, 2012, 9:51 pm

Hi just wondering whether I can use metal cake tins using th crisp function or do I have to use silicone?

Chef_myrosecat, Jan 8, 2013, 2:07 pm

I am on my second Whirpool combi and shocked to find they still dont listen to the consumers about the user manual (pathetic) amount of instructions. Also NO preheat function (fan bake) on the JT369 SHAME as that was the best feature on my old one.I have just got the crisp cake plate but can find no recipes :-(

Chef_guest, Apr 12, 2013, 10:39 am

so how about we start a website/wiki with recipes for the crisp/steam/etc functions of these wonderful machines? Anyone interested?

Chef_guest, May 2, 2013, 10:13 am

so how about we start a website/wiki with recipes for the crisp/steam/etc functions of these wonderful machines? Anyone interested?

Chef_just_do_it, May 2, 2013, 10:13 am

Whirlpool have recently put out a nicely organized cook book for the Crisp n Grill microwave which is free to download. It includes lots of information on how to use your Crisp n Grill microwave as well as lots of recipes that don't cost a lot to make. In the Google Search type: whirlpool crisp n grill recipes.

Chef_guest, Aug 26, 2013, 2:53 pm

The following link should take you to the list of crisp n grill microwave recipes by Whirlpool

http://www.whirlpool.co.nz/support/instructions-for-use-ifu/microwaves/free-standing

Chef_guest, Aug 26, 2013, 3:59 pm

sponsored links

Leave a comment No registration required

Comment required
Your nickname optional
You are not a robot, are you?

Enter what you see above required