Diabetic Baking

Page 2 / 29
raewyn64, Jun 16, 2:51am
mushrooms I only bought the button type ones so could leave them whole. I thought I might lose them in the chicken being the same colour but they went a greyer colour in the casserole so easy for me to find and spoon them out. I left them whole on his plate but you oculd always slice them up just as serving and give them a bit of a mix in the served up casserole.
I also had enough casserole that I have vacuum sealed the rest and popped it in the freezer so I have a ready made dinner waiting for another time.

cgvl, Jun 27, 11:09am
up... ... ...

jenna68, Jun 30, 4:41pm
b... b

cgvl, Jul 4, 8:50pm
for nety

cgvl, Jul 9, 2:13am
u. . u

jenna68, Jul 10, 3:44am
v... v

raewyn64, Jul 16, 8:26am
dietician we had the appointment with the diabetic dietician at the hospital today. Haven't been to one since DH was diagnosed with type 2 about 6 weeks ago.
Anyway she asked what he eats each day and was very happy with the changes we had made to his diet and only added in a few tips for us.
I am really pleased that we have been able to make this change in diet ourselves and that we have got it right.

jenna68, Jul 19, 9:55pm
up it goes . . x

earthangel4, Jul 19, 10:49pm
Raewyn I am so happy for you and your dh, its so good to hear, I now have type 1 and are waiting for a biopsy due to poor health, but know that I will be ok, as I to am making changes to our diet.
WTG good on you

cgvl, Jul 20, 1:23am
hey thats great raewyn, really pleased for you. My tests are all up the shoot at the moment as I have been unwell so hate to think what my hb1ac is like. Am still on diet only but have a feeling that this time it will be tablets whether I like the idea or not unfortunately.

sp0_0kie, Jul 22, 10:26pm
bump so it dont fall off :)

cgvl, Jul 23, 3:50am
thank you to those who have kept this bumped have been off line for a few days.

seafield1, Jul 23, 4:23am
Is this any other substitute for the sugar other than, I just hate the taste of them artifical sweetner and refuse to pay the prices asked but still crave sweet things

cgvl, Jul 23, 12:54pm
seafiekd it depends on what you are making but you can substitute pure orange or apple juice for sugar in baking. I am naughty and use a small amount of sugar for sweetening somethings particularly rhubarb although I found by cooking an apple with the rhubarb sweetens it really well.

susieq9, Jul 27, 3:47am
Have you tried... . using Splenda. I find it leaves no after bitter taste. Also is great for cooking with. Where sugar is needed in a recipe (depending what I am making), I would use half sugar and half splenda. Haven't had a problem yet.

cgvl, Jul 31, 12:04am
again b4 we lose it

cgvl, Aug 3, 9:11pm
bump ... ... .

cgvl, Aug 7, 11:25am
mm... up

cgvl, Aug 16, 12:36pm
um... up

cgvl, Aug 22, 1:01pm
mmm p

joybells2, Aug 22, 9:12pm
Apple & Orange Juices are heavily concentrated sugar, be careful.

cgvl, Aug 31, 10:23am
thought for a minute we had fallen off last page whew found us in time

cgvl, Sep 11, 9:58pm
m... p

cgvl, Sep 28, 7:49pm
Thought I'd start this thread for those of you who would like some recipes for diabetics. these are taken from the Bee Healthy cookbook.

cgvl, Sep 28, 7:54pm
Spiced Pumpkin Scones 2Tbsp Margarine/butter, 1cup cooked mashed pumpkin, 1cup white flour, 1cup wholemeal flour, 4tsp baking powder, 1/2tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2tsp ground Nutmeg.
Method: Beat margarine and pumpkin together until smooth. Sift the dry ingredients together and fold through the mixture to form a soft dough. Add low fat milk if the dough is dry. knead the dough lightly, then roll out and cut into 12 scones. bake 200C for 15-20mins.