Curry Egg Receipe

mber2, Dec 25, 7:36am
Im after a really nice curry egg recipe please to seve for about 6 people

petal1955, Dec 25, 7:42am
Make a curry sauce. by melting butter add flour and make a roux. add your curry powder and cook out till fragrant. add chicken stock and stir till thickened. add your chopped hard boiled eggs. and serve on Basmati rice

motorbo, Dec 25, 7:50am
oh that sounds yum

esther-anne, Dec 25, 8:01am
Saute gently a couple of chopped onions with a couple of cloves garlic and a chilli - roughly - until onion is soft add your curry spices whatever you like - I use hot curry powder, cumin, garam masala and also hot chilli powder (we like ours hot) and saute for another minute to let spices become aromatic.
sprinkle with flour and make a roux as petal said, then I add a cupful of hot chicken stock, bring to a simmer, then add a can of chopped tomatoes in juice (believe it or not Homebrand canned tomatoes are first class) and I often add a couple of skinned fresh tomatoes. Simmer gently until onions are cooked then add hard boiled eggs - I quarter mine - and serve with basmati rice and I usually have a green salad and crispy rolls on the side if I have visitors and I have the ingredients. Husband and I don't bother with the extras we just love the egg curry. This is my go-to meal when I have no idea what to make for dinner and I always wonder why I don't make it more often, it's so simple and so yum.

korbo, Dec 25, 11:14pm
super easy. boil eggs, shell them, chop up,. then I just put 1-2 teaspoons of curry powder into some mayo, add some cream or sour cream, chop up a red onion small, and mix all up. Best if left in fridge for a few hours before eaten. a goody in our family.

esther-anne, Dec 26, 12:15am
OOpsie - I thought op meant a hot egg curry dinner dish - yours is more of a curried egg salady dish I think korbo - sounds delicious too.

motorbo, Dec 26, 5:00am
slightly off subject here, in the late 80`s/90`s when it was bring a plate i made stuffed eggs, everyone always loved them - most people added curry powder to the mix, i did not i used mustard powder with my condensed milk dressing. so they were sweet and hot, and yum :) im so going to try egg curry though, thanks

vtired, Dec 26, 11:43pm
Boil eggs and peel, using egg slicer cut and put into bowl. In another bowl put enough Heinz mayo for your quantity eggs, add little milk to loosen mayo, finely chop a little red onion and celery (if liked) add 1-2 tsps curry powder salt and black cracked pepper and mix, add finely chopped parsley and pour over egg and mix very carefully. Best made few hours prior to eating so flavours enhance. This is a basic recipe but every time I make it people say how nice it is,

linette1, Dec 28, 12:46am
Will be trying that for a quick, easy meal, thanks esther-anne.

mecanix, Nov 10, 12:58am
1 teaspoon chilli powder. 1 teaspoon turmeric. 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika. A fine chopped red onion. Some ginger and chilli. A cup or so of coconut milk. A bit of salt and sugar. Cook off the spice before adding the milk chilli and ginger.

Add some soft cook eggs. I put the eggs in as soon as the spices are cooked off.