What's cooking in your kitchen today?

Page 1 / 2
uli, Jul 13, 9:08am
Bread, ginger cake for the wwoofers.

Beef cheeks for dinner and potato and celeriac mash for dinner and of course red cabbage with red wine and apples and cinnamon and other spices.

No dessert apart from fresh mandarins off the tree and fresh mac's also fresh off the tree - they taste a bit like coconut right now.

darkestangel1, Jul 14, 12:51pm
Can you please share your recipe for Instant Pudding Slice?

fey, Jul 15, 2:29am
Pineapple lump cake. (actually the three-ingredient crushed pineapple cake but with dark melted chocolate poured over the top and left to set hard.)

lythande1, Jul 15, 2:44am
Boned Stuffed roast lamb shoulder and roast veges.

bedazzledjewels, Jul 15, 2:55am
Slow roasting pork shoulder with fennel. Smell wonderful. Also made an apple and coconut cream pudding, chilling in the frig. Going to cook some beets soon and then roast a mix of veges. Tomorrow cooking up a double lamb shakshouka mix to freeze.

davidt4, Jul 15, 3:34am
Nothing cooking yet, but I have assembled the components of pork fried rice - leftover pork belly which was braised in masterstock, coconut oil, spring onions, garlic chives, coriander, eggs, salted radish, onion, eggplant, red capsicum, cooked rice, garlic, ginger, light soy sauce, Shaoxing, oyster sauce and sesame oil. I might toast some cashews as well to give it some texture.

mercartin, Jul 15, 3:41am
Swedish apple cake Saw it on Rachel Allen but have been sick. Dragged myself up today. Nice snd easy.

petal1955, Jul 15, 5:47am
We had a chicken and rice soup for lunch with a little left over pork fried rice and for dinner tonight we are having a Pumpkin Spinach and blue cheese tart with a brown rice crust. ( I know it a bit of an overkill on rice) . but it tastes just SO GOOD

kiwilion, Jul 15, 5:51am
What's cooking in your kitchen today?

Nothing much, as I'm slimming, lol. Just warming up some minestrone soup that I had made.

strebor1, Jul 15, 5:54am
Left over smoked fish pie from last night. Some vegies with it, don't know what yet.

samanya, Jul 15, 6:36am
Nothing! (well not much)
Had a big day in the kitchen yesterday, chicken/cranberry casserole, roast vegetable salad with aoli & a strawberry/rhubarb tart so it's leftovers here too . made to take to a family gathering & joy of joys, no cooking today well apart from some Brussell sprouts from the garden.
Dessert 2 nights in a row, unheard of for me!

macwood2, Jul 15, 8:28am
Samanya do you mind posting the chicken cranberry casserole please. Sounds good to me.

samanya, Jul 15, 10:09am
Here you go.
It's from Robyn Martin's 'Best recipes for Crockpots & Slow Cookers' & it was good . hadn't made it before.
! onion
2 cloves garlic
8 skinned/boned chicken thighs (I left the bones in)
3 rashers bacon
170g pkt dried cranberries
1 cup red wine
1 tsp chicken stock powder
1 bay leaf
3 tabs cornflour
3 tabs water
salt
fresh rosemary or lavender
Peel 0nion & chop. Crush peel & chop garlic.
cut thighs in half ( I used small whole ones)
Derind bacon & chop. Put onion, garlic, chicken, bacon, cranberries, wine, stock powder & Bay leaf into slow cooker. Cover & cook on low for 8 hours. Stir half way through if possible.
Half an hour before serving, mix cornflour & water & mix into chicken. Cover & cook on high for 30 minutes. Serve garnished with the rosemary or lavender sprigs.
I popped a few Rosemary leaves into the pot at the start.

sampa, Jul 15, 11:43pm
Beer bread generously sprinkled with poppy and sesame seeds along with linseeds. I have one slice left to have with my lightly curried kumara soup which I added a small grating of fresh ginger to because I thought it might work well. It did. :) Looking forward to my lunch today.

anne1955, Jul 27, 11:02pm
I have to ice my Instant Pudding Slice first off, then going to make some Kiwi Fruit & Ginger Jam yummy love it even if I had to pay 99c a kg for it. Just cranking up the coal range as I type this. It's one of those days here. And for tea/dinner it's lamb's fry and bacon, with mashed spud. yummy to. I even got some tripe the other day so might make that up for tomorrow night.
Did my easy peeszy biscuits last night, have eaten half of them already :) I take a container of things to bed and eat while I read. The joys of living alone. ok would be nice to have other type of company, :) But not to be currently :( so food is second best. Looking for a hunter gather so I can get rabbits and or fresh fish.

lodgelocum, Jul 27, 11:07pm
Just plan on making a date loaf today and haven't planned dinner yet.

accroul, Jul 27, 11:09pm
Sticky date puddings + making icing sugar!. Later a pork roast with all the trimmings

rainrain1, Jul 27, 11:12pm
boiled eggs :-)

anne1955, Jul 28, 1:09am
Hard or soft? Curried or plain? Cheese and parsley added?

sarahb5, Jul 28, 1:42am
Lemon honey on toast, scrambled eggs on toast and smoked salmon on crackers at the moment because its lunchtime

anne1955, Jul 28, 2:07am
Just about to bottle my jam then might have a read of my book in front of coal range and let eyes drop off for a bit.

figjamto, Jul 28, 2:10am
We were talking about making regional or cultural dishes at work the other day, so I am baking Bakewell Tart today. traditionally English and I have never made it before, so hope it turns out OK

ruby19, Jul 28, 3:53am
I have aranichi, waiting to be fried, (made last night). an arrabiata sauce simmering. Hubby has some Thai chicken nibbles marinating, and I have prepped a four cheese pizza. Off to birthday with nibbles :-)

wendalls, Jul 28, 11:29am
Herman the German sourdough friendship cake- yum.
Pot roast as per Martha Stewart. Average but probably my fault.
Bacon bone and vege soup. Yum!

motorbo, Jul 28, 1:49pm
I made pizza tonight, I make it often now ive found an easy base recipe and with organic flour it seems to sit ok with my digestion