2 cups wholemeal flour
4 cups white high grade flour
Optional ingredients below but not necessary
2 Tbsp Oatmeal
2 Tbsp Kibbled wheat
2 Tbsp Sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds
1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
1 Tbsp Linseed seeds (could be ground a little so the body absorbs the benefits)
Method
1. Place yeast in a small bowl with ½ tsp of the measured sugar.
2. Pour over ¼ cup of warm water and leave to soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Place remaining water in a large bowl.
4. Mix in yeast mixture, remaining sugar, salt and whole-meal flour.
5. Mix to combine with a wooden spoon.
6. Mix in enough flour to make a stiff dough.
7. Turn onto floured board and knead the dough until smooth and elastic, working in more flour if necessary. The dough is ready when it springs back after you poke your finger into it.
8. Oil the slow cooker bowl and place dough in.
9. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. The bread is cooked when it sounds hollow when tapped. It is very important not to lift the lid till the 2 hours is up. Turn onto a cooling rack.
As I have already said I let it stand till the next day then cut the whole loaf with an electric knife and then freeze the lot in a zip lock bag and only take out what I want to eat for breakfast that day as toast.
It really works! It also works in a bread making machine on the dough mixing setting. I would just try the basic recipe and see how you go to start with.
Good luck.
I have adapted and use this one regularly
Slow Cooker Bread Half Size
2 tsp yeast
1 tab oil
2 tsp sugar
1 1/4c warm water
½ tsp salt
2 c white flour – high grade is best
1 c wholemeal flour
Make as below in the recipe, (or use the Kenwood & dough hook like I do!) Cook for 1 hour 40 min on high in the slow cooker. Grill top if you want it browned. Grease the bowl of the slow cooker well & line the base with baking paper to make removal easy. I rinse the cooker bowl in warm water & dry it before I grease & paper it, then put it in the base on high. Mould the bread & put it in. Top on – no peeking for 1 hour 40. Turn cooker off, take lid off & turn out onto a rack to cool covered with a tea towel. Great as toast the next day.

1elmo, May 20, 11:14am
Like the sound of that,nice and easy way to make a loaf ,thnx so much,I will give it a go.just had a failure in bread maker and was ready to give up the whole idea of making my own bread,lol cheers wish me luck. will let you know how it turns out .

korbo, May 21, 5:56am
what happened to your breadmaker bread. check out my recipe in previous threads. haven't got it with me on holiday at present. so easy and never fails. mind you I am going to have a go at this one in the crockpot.

pickles7, May 26, 10:27pm
great idea, I may try it myself. when I do I will take a pic and post it.

wdin, Jul 6, 10:47am
Thanks for the recipe.
Was very thrilled with the product (great, since I have never had much luck making bread before), either in the stove or breadmaker.
I used sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds.
Needed to cook it 15 minutes longer.
2 days later the bread is still edible. that's a miracle!