Best filling's for party sandwichs

scannell2, Apr 9, 7:20am
Hi I'm making sandwichs for a party and wondered what the best filling's would be. It seems egg goes down well I don't eat eggs so do you just mash it up with mayo or what makes it taste yummy? I also thought of ham cheese lettuce maybe tomato but wondered about the soggy factor

kirmag, Apr 9, 7:47am
Club sandwiches , a cheese n onion n mayo mix, and some ham and lettuce would be nice. Or roast beef, chutney, lettuce and something

What about asparagus rolls

sarahb5, Apr 9, 10:08am
Really depends who the party guests are going to be doesn't it? Always spread your bread with butter, even thinly, before you add fillings as it stops them getting so soggy. Chicken/smoked chicken and cranberry, tuna and cucumber and/or mayo, cheese and carrot, ham and mustard, cream cheese and relish, etc.

jobb, Apr 9, 8:06pm
I use finely chopped sun dried tomatoes mixed with cream cheese for my tomato filling in the sandwiches instead of tomato slices.

pickles7, Apr 9, 9:37pm
sprinkles, fairy bread

sarahb5, Apr 9, 10:19pm
My 17 year old son, if he takes sandwiches to school at all, takes sprinkle sandwiches - mainly because they never go soggy, they're yum and make you very popular with your mates when you share!

duckmoon, Apr 11, 6:44am
asparagus rolls
chicken rolls

one of the club sandwhich fillings which look great
1. luncheon in the food processor with a good chutney on one layer and
2. frozen peas, cooked, with a bit of butter and then food processor into a paste.

both are easy to spread - which means making the sandwiches is quick - and the sandwiches look good on the plate.

Also, i cut club sandwiches into 1/4s - triangles.
It means they you can leave the crusts on - therefore no waste in this regard.
1/3rds - fingers . means crusts off, and food wasted

duckmoon, Apr 11, 6:44am
cover with a damp paper towel, so they don't dry out

duckmoon, Apr 11, 6:45am
if you don't want ham and tomato (because of soggyness), then ham and egg is popular

teddy147, Apr 11, 7:59am
salmon n cream cheese rolls
1 carton cream cheese
2 tins salmon ( smoked if you want )
handful chopped parsley
lemon juice
black pepper to taste.
put all in a blender and chill, cut crusts off the bread n butter, spred with mixture and roll up.

sgjvh, Apr 11, 9:06am
I really love lemon honey and diced ginger mixed together in brown bread sandwiches cut into fingers, nice to add to a height tea

slimgym, Apr 11, 6:38pm
chicken, cream cheese and apricot jam, can use dried apricots if you want or cream cheese and crystallized ginger rolls

gaspodetwd, Apr 11, 7:56pm
Smoked salmon and cream cheese
Rare beef, tomato and horseradish
Grated cheddar, spring onion and Mayo.
Ham off the bone, lettuce and whole grain mustard
Prawn, salad and Mayo.

Drools.

deanna14, Apr 12, 3:24am
Anything with cream cheese always goes down well. Hope your party sandwiches went well.

deanna14, Apr 12, 3:26am
Chicken, cream cheese mixed with a little nutmeg and then topped with toasted almond slivers, num.

tramore, Apr 19, 5:29am
My mum makes scrambled egg, waits till it cools and then makes her egg sandwiches. They are always very popular.
I tend to boil eggs, mash add seasoning and mix with salad dressing to stick together. Other ideas I do :
Egg & shaved ham
Cheese & onion mixed with a little boiled water to make the cheese stick together for a paste
Peanut butter and chopped celery
Cream cheese and thinly sliced cucumber

kiwisportsgirl, Apr 19, 9:57am
Yummy I love club sandwiches. I make ham, egg and lettuce. I always mash the eggs with a little mayo salt 'n' pepper and freshly fine chopped chives.
I do tomato ones as well but I take a lot of the mositure out of them by putting the tomatoes in between paper towels before using them.
Grated cheese ones with relish and roast beef would work as well.

lil_angel_kel, Apr 19, 10:30am
Egg and ham are my absolute favourite! ! :)

awoftam, Sep 30, 2:10am
I have made a variation of these before - chicken always seems to go down well.
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1589/chicken+and+herb+sandwiches