Fish and Chip shop style spring rolls?

mas45, Dec 19, 4:26am
Hi all and Merry Christmas, I love the F n C style spring rolls and have had a look in the search area but can't find a recipe. I know it's cabbage and carrot and mince but does anyone know what else is in them! Appreciate the help.
Matt

harrislucinda, Dec 19, 6:49am
hintofcurryorspices

pickles7, Dec 19, 6:59am
you tube them

skippie1, Dec 19, 7:29am
Search on the left for Thai springrolls, they are so delicious and almost the same.

jessie981, Dec 19, 8:26am
Did you put last year under date posted! There are recipes there.

mwood, Dec 19, 8:44am
no no no - you roll them

uli, Dec 19, 8:47am
Then fry them in some ghastly canola or soy oil :)

evorotorua, Dec 19, 5:01pm
very clever. made me laugh out loud.but I am a simple soul!

fisherlures, Dec 20, 12:32am
Spring rollsMade with spring roll wrappers or filo pastry
Ingredients:
1 gratedpotato . 1/2 cabbage shredded.one carrot julienned.150g pork mince . 2 cloves garlic . 1 onion finely sliced .
2 tbsp soy sauce.grating of ginger . pinch of five spice . dash of fish sauce . salt and pepper.spring roll wrappers or filo pastry.
Method:
Fry crushed garlic ginger and onion until tender then add pork mince and cook for further 5 mins. Season with pepper and five spice.
A little fish sauce to taste. Add 1 cup of water or vege stock to meat and mix with and cook potato, carrots and cabbage until just tender.
Set aside until cold.
Put about 2-3tbsp of filling on top of wrapper and roll up tucking in the sides. Seal with little flour / water mix.
Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown or place on oiled oven tray and grill at 200c turning when golden brown.
Variations:
(a) Use precooked rice instead of potato.
(b) Add a tsp of curry powder.
Hints:
Make small rolls as finger food entrée or larger rolls for main course .
Soy Sauce or Sweet Chilli Sauce for dipping.

mas45, Dec 20, 1:34am
Hi, Thanks I found a recipe and yes I put 12 months in the search criteria. I really wasn't after the fancy ones. These just have browned mince, then sweat off cabbage and carrots season and set all aside. Let the mix go completely cold and fill wrappers seal with a beaten egg and deep or shallow fry. The only addition I made was to add spring onions. Simple but that's the ones I was after. If I want to add something special I'll do it with a dipping sauce.
Cheers matt

nzhuia, Dec 20, 5:50am
yours sound nice fisherlures.Will try them over weekend. Thank you.

karlymouse, Dec 20, 11:11am
I liked the idea that Annabel used. lightly saute the rolls in a pan then bake in the oven.served with an apricot spiced sauce. not traditional but worth a try.