Fresh yeast

april404, Nov 25, 7:03pm
Does anyone know how to use fresh yeast, I'm making pizza dough.How much yeast to use for 3 cups of flour. Do I let it go frofthy in separate bowl before adding to flour, help urgently.

nanasee1, Nov 25, 8:41pm
1/2 packet (17g) according to my recipe & yes you do need to let it get frothy. Where did you manage to get fresh yeast!

racheee, Nov 25, 8:44pm
Rachel Tomkinson sells it on Better Bods website.Reminds me I need to get some more!

april404, Nov 25, 8:55pm
Thanks, they sell it at moore wilsons in wn. I've only just combined mixture and its already risen in 15min.

makespacenow, Nov 25, 9:03pm
You can ask any bakery department in supermarket to sell you fresh yeast. I get mine that way.
Also great for face mask yes it smells a bit but leaves skin so soft also can pull out blackheads like those strips for nose/chin. You can add cucumber juice/lemon juice etc to suit your skin type.

april404, Nov 25, 11:37pm
How do you use as facemask, and how long do you leave on!

redhead96, Nov 25, 11:57pm
Are you talking about compressed yeast that comes in a block!

makespacenow, Nov 26, 12:01am
No. Fresh yeast.
april404 - depending on your skin type you add mashed avocado/olive oil/lemon juice etc then mix with fresh yeast till you get to nice, easy to spread consistency (or just add water) (like cream), then slap it generously on face and neck area. Leave to dry and peel off.
Warning: it will be yeasty - some people dislike the smell and your partner will laugh. BUT you will have the softest skin. If you don't like peeling/scrubbing it off, no problems, just wash off with water.
Cheap and really works.

redhead96, Nov 26, 12:04am
Yes it is also called compressed yeast just googled it.

seafield1, Nov 26, 2:18am
so what weight fresh yeast would need for a loaf lot of bread

makespacenow, Nov 26, 2:37am
Depends on type of bread you are making, size/how many you want to make etc.
Example: croissants (14): 3 cups bleached white bread flour, 1 cup fine French plain flour, 1top salt, 2tis caster sugar, 15g of fresh yeast, 1 cup lukewarm. Milk, 1egg, 1 cup of butter.
Poppy seed roll needs 20g, coach 25g,
Just checked my note book most of the recipes i use need between 10-30g of fresh yeast.
In some countries they only use fresh yeast all supermarkets sell small 50g cubes.