Cookessentials - your Carrot Cake recipe ?

maynard9, Jun 15, 1:47am
I have been asked to make Carrot Cake cupcakes for a morning tea.
I have used your recipe several times into a cake - with amazing results I might add -but never into cupcakes.Wondering if you have!
TIA

maynard9, Jun 16, 9:23pm
Hmm - perhaps you are away at the mo.

flower-child01, Jun 16, 11:21pm
To make any cake into cupcakes, fill the cupcake case 3/4 full. Bake 20 mins at 180C.

elliehen, Jun 16, 11:54pm
Is it this one - from the cakes thread!brianmac is the other account of cookessentials.

kiwiscrapper1, Jun 17, 8:19am
I know Pam has been away for the weekend I'm sure she will respond If she sees your thread, is it the recipe above! That sure looks worth a try :-)

maynard9, Jun 17, 8:44am
Thanks for the responses.I do have the recipe - made it heaps as a cake -but was just wondering if she had ever made it into cupcakes successfully.

Not all recipes do - I have found from experience.

cookessentials, Jun 17, 8:50am
HI Raewyn, sorry, we have been away in the Hawkes Bay for a few days. I have not made it in to cupcakes I'm afraid. Perhaps trying the suggestion of flower-child may help!

maynard9, Jun 17, 8:10pm
Not a problem - I am making them this morning.Will post and let you know how they turn out.I am sure - being one of your recipes - they will be fabulous.
Have a good day and hope you enjoyed your break away.

cookessentials, Jun 17, 9:37pm
Thanks Raewyn, well the basic recipe should be fine, it will be cooking times that will be important. Had a lovely weekend away, although not so great for the hives ( which I am covered with in abundance!) We had a very memorable meal at Terroir - Craggy Range Winery on Saturday night. I was pretty limited with what i could eat, trying to avoid anything that might set them off. decided on a pear cider which I thought would be ok ( pears being one thing that dont cause a reaction) but later noticed that the bottle said it had E200 & E220 preservatives in it ( E220 is a real baddy for sulphite allergies) Also had something with lemon in it, so today, i am covered in them LOL.

nzbrat, Jun 18, 4:03am
For a carrot cake I use the edmonds cookbook reciepe, which is really nice and moist then add cream cheese icing. I made these the other day into cupcakes which were just perfect, by memory I cooked them for 30mins. Turned out great.

maynard9, Jun 18, 11:36pm
Morning Pam

Oh you poor thing.Hives are dreadful things.I used to get them dreadfully as a child in the summer fruit season.Still have some scars where I would frantically scratch them in my sleep.

Now - just in case you ever need to know your recipe makes fabulous cupcakes - in fact 32 of them and took 22 mins in a 150 fan bake.

I am trialling recipes to be used as wedding cupcakes.Need ones that will still be fresh the next evening so they don't all have to made the night before when there are so many other things to do.Will try freezing some with and without icing as a trial too.

Thanks for your help and hope you are itchLESS very soon

cookessentials, Jun 19, 12:49am
Hi Raewyn, that's fantastic. Now you will be able to advise others in regards to making the cupcakes out of the carrot cake recipe.maybe put it up on the cakes thread or similar!The hives are not too bad today, the E220 must be out of my system pretty much. I used to get them as a child if I ate too many strawberries or mandarins. Last time I had them was as a teenager after eating apples and also a particular perfume I used to use. So it will be a matter of time for them to disappear again. Have had all the blood tests and it is nothing sinister ( including immune relating which one stupid person on here keeps telling people. No meed to name names, i am sure you can guess who THAT would be LOL)

maynard9, Jun 19, 1:11am
Winks - waves to Pam.-